New MB help Please

Bloodstalker999

In Runtime
Ok so I need to find a replacement mb for an emachines t1742 and every emachines site that I go to only Gives me parts for upgrades and not for the motherboard. So I was hoping someone can point me in the right direction for a motherboard. I was going to newegg it but I dont want to get the wrong one. Thanks in advanced

Ps. Is there a way to unlock pixel shaders or vortex shaders on a X800 GTO its AGP 8x if it matters. Thanks again everyone! :)

Get us some detailed information about all the components in your computer. You might as well just go buy a better motherboard off of newegg. Most brand computers have cheap motherboards in them anyway, might as well get something of decent quality.

This is the specs for your computer taken from the emachines website

Emachines T1742

CPU: Intel® Celeron® Processor 1.70GHz (w/128KB L2 cache & 400MHz FSB)
Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition
Chipset: Intel 845GL chipset
Memory: 128MB DDR (PC2100)
Hard Drive: 40GB HDD
Optical Drive: 48x Max. CD-ROM Drive; 3.5" 1.44MB FDD
Video: Intel Extreme Graphics 3D (845GL shared)
Sound: AC '97 Audio
Network: 10/100Mbps built-in Ethernet
Modem: 56K ITU v.92-ready Fax/Modem
Peripherals: Keyboard, Wheel Mouse, Stereo Speakers
Ports/Other: 6 USB 2.0 ports (2 on front), 1 Serial, 1 Parallel, 2 PS/2, Mic-In & Head Phone jack on front, Audio-In & Out, 3 PCI slots (2 available)
Dimensions: 7.25"W x 14.125"H x 16"D

You will see there is an option to email emachines requesting further information as the motherboard details isn't given. I would suggest contacting them and seeing if they can help.

Yeah, I've had one emachines comp in the past, and bought one less than a year ago. Good luck trying to find a new mobo for that case, because all emachines comps are oem and they're made so you can't upgrade a lot of stuff. You'd be better off just buying a new case and a new motherboard, since the Emachine case probably cant handle a bigger mobo.

if its micro atx i dont see the point in trying to upgrade that, you're really limited with those kind of motherboards. you should probably just build one from scratch, it would be basically the same thing since upgrading a motherboard would require the complete dissassembly/reassembly of a computer.

I am not trying to upgrade it I just wanted to replace it so it will work. It just broke in an lightning storm I think a spike fryed the psu and then the bad psu mested up the motherboard. Its not even mine I am trying to do a favor for my superviser ;-) and fix it for him. I do believe it is micro atx though. If I was to get a new mb what cpu socket does it have? Or even better can some one suggest a replacement off newegg please?

Back
Top Bottom