New Logitech Z-5500

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
OMFG, I just got the Z-5500 Logitech speaker set hooked up. This thing is the best!!!! I'm sorry for ever doubting Jac006 on this one. Truly remarkable and well worth the $250 I payed including all shipping and taxes. If you are an extreme gamer and just got to have the best sound, this is the one. Wow, this thing almost shattered my window. You can seriously see it vibrating!!! Holy mother of all speakers...

Great clarity and treble too. Totally blown away. I recommend these speakers for those who are looking for a nice surround system. Don't settle for the X-530 (not that I'm turning them down like that because they are good too), but the Z-5500 is so powerful. I popped in a DVD, and I was like in a movie theater?

Can't say anymore. You'll just have to experience it for yourself. Oh, the remote OWNS. Must...have....X-Fi...

TRDCorolla said:
OMFG, I just got the Z-5500 Logitech speaker set hooked up. This thing is the best!!!! I'm sorry for ever doubting Jac006 on this one. Truly remarkable and well worth the $250 I payed including all shipping and taxes. If you are an extreme gamer and just got to have the best sound, this is the one. Wow, this thing almost shattered my window. You can seriously see it vibrating!!! Holy mother of all speakers...

Great clarity and treble too. Totally blown away. I recommend these speakers for those who are looking for a nice surround system. Don't settle for the X-530 (not that I'm turning them down like that because they are good too), but the Z-5500 is so powerful. I popped in a DVD, and I was like in a movie theater?

Can't say anymore. You'll just have to experience it for yourself. Oh, the remote OWNS. Must...have....X-Fi...

Thank you... lol, now you know what I hear everyday... gaming is even more amazing if you have a great sound card too because surround sound is... unbelievable... yes, it's expensive, but with great quality comes a great price. These speakers are pretty much the best there are, with the exception of the $10,000 speaker systems... lol... I played "The Matrix" on them and the bullet time scene is amazing... thank's for the faith man. I wouldn't lie to you... the remote is the best too. I'm a little lazy and with my windows media center remote, this comes at an even bigger plus because I can change settings without getting up so I can watch t.v. etc. adjust volume, change settings for what I'm doing, etc. I love it... That's the thing that I'm getting for x-mas... the x-fi baby. I was debating on wheter getting a nice set of headphones, but I don't really need them. I have the speakers. I was also going for a nano, but they have issues too. X-fi all the way... I wouldn't go with the 5300's simply because for only a $100 you can have speakers that perform 5 times as better. I listened to a lot of different speakers... I went and shopped around. Home theaters, comp systems, etc. Spending almost $300 is not a small amount. I listened to the z5300's, the 5500's, the klipsch ultras, creative 7.1's, and plenty of infinity, sony, panasonic, etc. systems, and, for the money, bass (which rattles my next door neighboor's walls), etc. the deal was amazing.

Check it...

Yeah... they're not set up like that, of course not, but I set them up like that so I could take a picture with all the speakers in the picture... lol....

You know, i was very much leaning towards the Z-5300's because it was like $106 or something like that and it boasts THX certified and had watts in the hundreds. Don't know what happened next. My fingers kind of guided the mouse and oops, the Z-5500 was selected. I always had the Z-5500 in the back of my mind though. I mean, 500+watts?!?!?! That is some crazy stuff. Since I listen to MP3's, gaming, and watch movies on my PC, I just need to get the best stuff to match what I already have. I'm glad I did because this set was absolutely no contest to my Z-640. (I sold that by the way). I usually sell what I'm going to buy or upgrade, with the exception for my PC of course. I'm keeping this one, but planning to build another one. These days, having two PCs is almost a must, especially if you have home network setup.

Playing AOEIII is absolutely stunning. I love the *boom* rumbling sound of the cannons, even in the far distance. The intro to that game sounds just like movie theater quality. I love it.

All these recent cost will put me back a bit in a new PC build. I had planned one for January, but now, it may be pushed back to March or April. I need to concentrate on saving money for tuition.

Oh baby, good decision!!! You will OWN in the sound department and won't be dissapointed. Seriously, for the price, it's a great deal. The quality of the speaker set doesn't do the price justice. Logitech should charge more for this, but for that price on Newegg, man it's the best deal anywhere. I'm still using the Audigy2 ZS card. I don't think I'll be upgrading that. I'm using the X-Fi on my new PC next year.

Back
Top Bottom