New laptop.

Shadowmoose

Baseband Member
So my brothers saved up $2500 for a laptop. He's pretty sure he's going to go with the new mac book pro and boot Vista in it as well. The first question is what do you guy think of that option? I've never done vista on a mac so are there any issues to know about?

The second option is he spends it on a PC of similar specs, but I can't find one that even I'd be willing to buy. Could you guys recommend one? I've heard good things and bad things about Alienware so I'm iffy on them.

He's being a little whiner about specifically getting the RAM to be DDR3 and a ~15in screen. The 15in screen is important because 17's are huge and he's going to travel with it.

The plan is to use it for software development, gaming, and everything else falls below those specs so that's why he's going to spend the $2500.

Desktops are not an option.

You should definitely invest in Parallels or VMware so he can run Windows within Mac OS. It'll help improve battery life.

If you want to run Windows via Bootcamp, be sure to keep in mind that battery life will suffer and temperatures will rise.

Back
Top Bottom