New Intel stuff

Celegorm

Site Team
Staff member
Last night I attended an Intel Retail Edge event and learned 2 things I though some of you might like to know, if you don't know them already.

1) by the beginning of Q2 next year, Intel will have 32nm technology in their processors

2) by the end of this year, they will have a quad core extreme running at either 3.2 or 3.6GH (can't remember exactly which, but I'm more willing to bet 3.2) with 12mb of L2 Cache!

awesome 32 nm!!!
i wounder wat speeds ull get off that
probably like 5 ghz!
wow
i wounder when the software is going to catch up to all of this

i heard they are supposed to be alot better than even the core 2 duos, and i mean ALOT better.

awesome 32 nm!!!
i wounder wat speeds ull get off that
probably like 5 ghz!
wow
i wounder when the software is going to catch up to all of this

exactly right arent programs just about learning to utilise dual core CPU's.

im all for faster and better processors but i just cant see software being able to use the new techology

like my P 4 3.4 GHZ with 2 GB kingston RAM and 7100GS runs 17 second lifes.
my m8's is C2D e6320 with 2 GB kingston RAM adn 7300 LE can run 9 second lifes ?????

i would say majority of software cant use dual cores yet

Sounds like the in 100 years thread is coming alive lol. I only wish they wouldn't go so fast, I wanted to get a quad core when they dropped price, isn't that in a few days? But now I want to wait for this new stuff

late june early july isn't it?? From what i've heard from intel the low-end quad should be as cheap as $250-$300.

die shrinks and architectural changes....software already supports it. It's the extra processing units that software doesn't support yet since it needs to be recoded.

Back
Top Bottom