New Hardware

Iontheable

In Runtime
Hello all! First post!

Well, I have experience doing lots of computer builds, but in the last couple years, so much technology has been released that I can't keep up with it all.

I am building a system that sits around 1k that will be used for digital painting projects as well as gaming.

After I built this system on newegg, I found my way over here and found worshipme's $1200 gaming build that includes intel's i7 (DROOL) so I figured I'd post the system I had built out and look for suggestions for reasonable upgrades etc

CPU: core2duo e8400 3.0 --$180
MOBO: asus p5n-d 775 750i --$130
GPU: evga gtx260 superclocked --$214
MEM: kingston 2x2 ddr800 240pin --$50
HD: seagate barracuda 500gb 7200 rpm --$60

So those are my essentials, now within this $1000 build, I need all the bells and whistles: monitor, case, fans/heatsink, PSU, peripherals, software..so heres what I came up with:

Monitor: asus 24' 2ms --$230
Case: chieftec dragon atx full --$90
Heatsink: zalman CNPS9500 AT --$30
PSU: pc power and cooling 750w --$110

So that puts me at $1100.00 USD

I've also added: mouse, keyboard, Vista 64, case fans, surge protector and a couple other minor things for under $200

So sitting around $1300 for the entire build, can anyone make some suggestions?

Thanks in Advance!!

If you're going to be doing those digital painting projects, wouldn't a quad core do you better?

And I think people recommend the GTX260 Core 216

Just what I think

Switch that core 2 duo for a Quad core and get a core 216 and you should be set

If you're going to be doing those digital painting projects, wouldn't a quad core do you better?

And I think people recommend the GTX260 Core 216

Just what I think

That card presented is a 216, thank you!

I know a quad core would do me much better of course, which is what I'm leaning towards, but I'm trying to figure i7 into my build if I am going to go for quad.

:)

I always mange to spend a lot more money than I initially intended to ha

Back
Top Bottom