New Graphics Card Required

not sure... the 6800 is yet to be out in Australia and i think it will be out of my price range even though it is the base model...

also like you said, i have a pretty good monitor but it is only 17inch...

what do you reckon, a 9800pro at $350AUD compared with 6800 possibly $550-600 or 6600GT which could come in around $400...

i'm not going to be doing anything super, so i would think a the mainstream cards should do me...

err... the 9800 pro will hav more shaders like u said. it'll be more sophisitcated. The 6600 GT will basically be raw power. Bloody amazzing raw power. but the 6600 GT will outperform the 9800 pro. i hear it's basically like a toned down 6800 with only 8 pipelines enabled. but it is one hell of a mainstream card.

the 9800 pro only has 8 pipes. And its more expensive. The 6600 also is only slightly faster. But will look nicer.

The 9800 pro will beat the 6600 to death in higher res and with AA and AF enabled.

I'm looking to use the card for games like Call of Duty etc.. and maybe be a bit future proof for the next 2 years...

will the new disgn for 6600 be better or 9800 will still be good enough by then?

i mean only really resource hogging games like doom3, halflife 2 etc.. need latest cards..isn't that right?

dude, if ur gonna wait for the 6600 to come out, i'd mite as well buy a 6800.
when the 6600 comes out,
i think the 6800 mite drop in price.

if ur gonna get a 6600, only get the GT version. The other version is garbage. They both only have 8 pipelines, but Everybody, i mean every single website, is sure that u will be able to unlock at least 4 of the pipes, therefore making it into a 6800, with DDR3 MEMORY!!!!!. So in essence, ur getting a card better than a 6800 for around 50 dollars less. but, den again, they mite laser cut the pipelines, just like they did with the x800 pro.

better pray.

yeah, your right... it looks like the AGP version won't be out till early next year...

i'll probably spend $350 AUD on the 9800 pro... at least i know it will be good...

i heard about enabling those pipelines, but the question i have is how sure is it to work and would you want to risk something cloes to $800AUD..??

errrrr..
wait.
what is close to 800 AUD.

and it's not a high risk operation.
just enable, and disable on rivatuner. if u get artifacts, u just disable.

$800AUD approx. $550 USD approx. 350 pounds..

i just upgraded my pc...and it cost me $800AUD, so i don't think i will be willing to spend that much on one component...even though it is the most important bit...

Back
Top Bottom