New Gaming Desktop

foothead

Omnicide now.
Hello there. I have been saving for a new desktop for a while, and I finally have enough money to buy it. I am an AMD die-hard, so I am going with a phenom II 955. I still am not completely sure on the graphics, but I think a GTX 260. I always would rather ATI, but the GTX seemed like a better deal. I already have an OS, and an optical drive, so that is out of the way. My budget is $850, so let me know what you think.
here is the wish list. http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=13854908
BTW, I am typing this on my new Eee PC. this thing is amazing. It makes my iBook look bloated.

I would go with a better Mobo and a 4870.

Saphire 4870 512mb ~$150 after MIR

With the savings there go with one of these Mobo's

MSI 790FX 169.99
Gigabyte MA790XT-UD4P 124.99 after MIR

This one is an OPEN BOX but is an INSANE deal
ASUS M4A79T Deluxe 132.99

All the boards I listed will be much better performance wise and all come with an SB750 as opposed to the SB710 that 770T UD3P you chose. Also I would look into a GOOD heatsink for that 955 cuz the stock one doesn't leave any room for OCing really. If your not planning on OCing it than you really wont need one but Mine with the stock HSF idled around 42*-44*c

I would go with a better Mobo and a 4870.

Saphire 4870 512mb ~$150 after MIR

With the savings there go with one of these Mobo's

MSI 790FX 169.99
Gigabyte MA790XT-UD4P 124.99 after MIR

This one is an OPEN BOX but is an INSANE deal
ASUS M4A79T Deluxe 132.99

All the boards I listed will be much better performance wise and all come with an SB750 as opposed to the SB710 that 770T UD3P you chose. Also I would look into a GOOD heatsink for that 955 cuz the stock one doesn't leave any room for OCing really. If your not planning on OCing it than you really wont need one but Mine with the stock HSF idled around 42*-44*c

OK. Well I need the gtx 260 at least because I need decent performance on dual wuxga monitors. I had an upgraded CPU cooler in the wishlist in case you didn't see it.

I will consider that open box one. I usually am a big asus fan, but my last board was an ASUS, and it burned out on me, so I am being a bit careful with their boards.

well the GTX 260 and the 4870 are pretty much the same card just one is Nvidia and the other is ATI.

I didn't really see the CPU cooler but you might want to be sure that thing will fit in your case for one and 2 make sure it wont interfere with your ram

Back
Top Bottom