New to everything

Stained

Beta member
I am new to this forum, and to the whole computer building experience. I am planning on building one over the summer though and I was wondering if there was anything that you guys can recommend. I'm going to have at least $1300+ to spend so I guess money is not that big of an issues, but I'm not sure where I should spend it, and I'm not sure what I should spend it on. I have done some reading and tomorrow my friend and I (who built a computer a few months ago) are going to go over some stuff, but I thought it might be helpful if I got some advice from some people that know that they are doing.

Stained said:
I am new to this forum, and to the whole computer building experience. I am planning on building one over the summer though and I was wondering if there was anything that you guys can recommend. I'm going to have at least $1300+ to spend so I guess money is not that big of an issues, but I'm not sure where I should spend it, and I'm not sure what I should spend it on. I have done some reading and tomorrow my friend and I (who built a computer a few months ago) are going to go over some stuff, but I thought it might be helpful if I got some advice from some people that know that they are doing.
AMD64. I really prefer Intel but you need to be future proof it'll need to be a 64-bit.

The best place to start building is to talk to a local computer store and see what they sell and reccomend. Then shop the internet for prices. You need to decide what your use is. Are you a gamer, or an applications guy. Do you want to build websites, Will you have dialup,dsl or cable. Do you want flat screen or a super high quality standard moniter. How much data will you need to store on your harddisk. Will you burn dvds or just cds. Do you want to copy cds or dvds-in which case 2 drives are easier than 1. How much printing will you do and how much quality is required?. Do you need a laser jet printer or will a $50 lexmark do. Do you want to scan images?. How important is a good sound system to you. Do you collect mp3's.
When you can answer these questions for yourself than you are better equiped to ask for advise on what products will best suit your needs.

Back
Top Bottom