New Computer; Need Help!

Themilkman

Solid State Member
I finally got my new rig running, bought primarily for gaming purposes. It works like a charm, but I have noticed that the higher end new games like The Witcher 2 and Dragon Age 2 get a major FPS drop when I bump them up to ultra settings. At High settings, the games work without hitch. It may sound like a stupid problem to report, but I was under the impression that my system could run even newer games on ultra settings. Here are the specs:

CPU: Intel i7 2600 @ 3.4 gHz.
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6850.
RAM: 16 Gb.

Running on Windows 7 Premium with Directx 11 installed. What would be the inhibitor in this situation?

the 6950 would prob run them better. Try OCing your video card and CPU to squeeze some extra FPS.

What speed is your memory? 1600MHz is the sweet spot.

I would overclock both if I were comfortable doing so, but I'm not too big a techie and don't like the idea of frying either components. My memory runs at 1066 MHz. It's not like I can't tolerate the games on high, I can even tweak them a little above that and still get around 50. Both games look incredible as it is. Do you think it's the gpu that's inhibiting it?

You dont need to be techie to do so its relatively easy. Its just trial and error ina few words, you wont fry anything. First the RAM is running rather low speed, second did you build it yourself or is it prebuilt?

Back
Top Bottom