New build trouble

94z32

Beta member
Hi all, I'm in the middle of my first build and have ran into some trouble. I'll list all of my components first.

ASUS P8Z68-V LX LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

EVGA 01G-P3-1556-KR GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) FPB 1GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Intel Core i3-2120 Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz LGA 1155 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 2000 BX80623I32120

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL

Rosewill HIVE Series HIVE-650 650W Continuous @40°C, 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified, Modular Design, Single +12V Rail, ATX12V v2.31/EPS12V v2.92, SLI Ready, CrossFire Ready, Active-PFC Power Supply

Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case, comes with Three Fans-1x Front Blue LED 120mm Fan, 1x Top 140mm Fan, 1x Rear 120mm Fan, option Fans-2x Side 120mm Fan

Ok so, I have everything connected right and it still doesn't boot up. I got one sign of life one time but since then, I got squat.

As of now, my motherboard lights up green and it also has a red led turned on next to the "tpu" switch...even when it's switched off.

I called asus and the guy said something about my bios on the motherboard not being compatable with my processor. But no fans are spinning and I'm not getting any response other than those two lights. My guess would be either a faulty (or wrong) motherboard,even though it's lga1155, or a bad power supply.

If anyone has any advice, it will be sincerely appreciated. Thank you in advance

it all seems strange.
have you pluged all power cords in? there is a 4/8 pin connector on the motherboard as well as the 24 pin.
both cables must be in place for it to do anything.

the RAM must be in the right slot. first one goes in slot 0, next in slot 2, next in slot 1 and the last one in slot 3.
use the color conding. the computer wont post if there is 2 RAM dimms that is not running in dual channel mode.

Yes, all power cables are connected and the ram is in the correct slots. I think it might be the motherboard causing the problem

check your ram, use only one stick at a time though i doubt it thats the issue.

Could be, as you said motherboard issue or possibly cpu is a dud

Back
Top Bottom