Phenom II x4 965
Asus M4A79XTD EVO
Samsung F3's, 500GB and 1TB
4 gigs of Kingstong ddr3 1300 hyperX
7600GT KO
Sound Blaster X-FI
Corsair 750W PSU
DVD drive, wifi card...

I have it all hooked up, I can plug it in turn it on and I get all my correct lights, noises happen, fans turn but nothing happens on the monitor. I need to specifically get to the bios to see if my 125W cpu will work with this board. It will after a particular bios revision, but I forget which right now.

But that shouldnt make nothing come up, Any ideas?

I'm just going to suggest some obvious things, just to make sure.

Motherboard standoffs are on the case right?
Is the video card good?

Also, it might not boot until you have that bios update installed. Is there any other processor you could use that will work in that socket, just to update the bios?

Try clearing the BIOS using the motherboard jumper. Check and recheck all connections, card seating, CPU pins, etc.

I'm just going to suggest some obvious things, just to make sure.

Motherboard standoffs are on the case right?
Is the video card good?

Also, it might not boot until you have that bios update installed. Is there any other processor you could use that will work in that socket, just to update the bios?

I have a hard time figuring out why the standoffs matter? But yes they are there, although with the screws provided by the case, I could not use all the standoffs. They are too fat (thumb screws)

But all other things are well.

Try clearing the BIOS using the motherboard jumper. Check and recheck all connections, card seating, CPU pins, etc.

Nope, I think mobo bios are not updated enough for my CPU. I am going to buy the older unrevised edition of my CPU update the bios and return the other cpu.

I have a hard time figuring out why the standoffs matter? But yes they are there, although with the screws provided by the case, I could not use all the standoffs. They are too fat (thumb screws)

But all other things are well.

If the motherboard touches the metal on the case, the motherboard will short out with anything in it, cpu,gpu.
But that is most likely not the problem since it turns on.

It should boot without the BIOS update, but the CPU will default to like 800MHz. That is how it has worked for two different AMD boards I've had.

Are you getting any type of strange POST code? It should give you a long beep if the CPU doesn't work.

I assume you've tried using the onboard video? I would take the entire rig apart and rebuild on a sheet of cardboard with only the bare essential installed. See if you can get anything then.

Back
Top Bottom