new build, please look and suggest

bullzi

Fully Optimized
hey guys, if you havent heard my 6800 crapped out on me, the rest of the system is for sale, see the forsale's thread...

anyway, ive scouted out a new dual core DX10 vista system that should kick ass, lemme know what ya think...
Motherboard $67.99
biostar tforce7025-M2 pci-e, SKT am2, integrated Geforce 7050, MicroATX
Ram $75.99
transcend 2x1gb pc6400 ddr2 dual channel ram (i know it isnt a name brand, but i cant beat the price, and all the reviews are good)
CPU $79.99
amd athlon 64 x2 3800 w/ oem heatsink and fan
Case $37.99
Winsis WM-06 microATX
GPU $149.99 or $199.99 :confused: help pick!!!!
PNY 256mb GDDR3 8600gt 540/1400 (stock) or GTS with 675/2000, WHICH??? :confused:
PSU (already have, works great, was in old custom)
Apevia 500watt DUAL RAIL
HD (already have, works great, was in old custom)
Hitachi Deskstar 120gb IDE soon to be WD 160gb SATA 16mb buffer $59.99 (thats later on)
DVD-Rom (already have, works great, was in old custom)Lite-On DVD-RW
Case Fans $10.99
Silverstone RL-FM81, this thing blows an astonishing 72cfm, but comes with speed controller for the following modes and anything inbetween 17 dBA at 1300 RPM 48 dBA at 5500 RPM

alright, total for the barbones system needed to run, is $204.82 with the cpu case and motherboard, since the motherboard has integrated geforce 7050, that'll work until i can get my 8600gt ram and all the other goodies :rolleyes:, ill just have a single stick of 512ddr2 to run until the 2gb, so ill just run xp and stuff and prolly do a dual boot later on, but i need to sell the old custom stuff first so guys please take a look and see if you can use it only 150 for cpu, 1.25gb of ram and abit KV8 MAX3, anyway, lemme know what you think about the build

BARBONES PRICE (all that is needed to run the system)
$204.82 including shipping
FINAL PRICE (everything stated above + dedicated gpu and 2gb of ram)
$457.51 including shipping

EDIT: all coming from newegg

It looks ok, but most of the brands there i havent heard of, so i cant comment on them. I personally prefer known good brands, but thats just me.:)

yeah it looks ok , on the brand names stuff i would read the reviews if they are ok buy it , just casuse it aint very heard of dosent mean it isnt quality

looks good.
About the vid card, go with the GTS. It's still a damn cheap card for the performance you will get.

k, thanks guys, and ya, thats what i thought about the brands and stuff, biostar is usually pretty good, transcend i had never heard of but it has tons of reviews and its overall is 4star's, all of them saying it is really stable, and obviously awesome speed for the price, the only con is the timing is 5-5-5-5, which really doesnt bother me much, 76bucks for 2gb of 800mhz ddr2 is a damn good deal which i wouldnt do if it werent for the reviews :p

@ mammikoura, do you know how high the GT can overclock? ill have to look it up, if it isnt much ill certainly go with gts, but if i can get close, i think ill save the 50bucks :)

do you know how high the GT can overclock? ill have to look it up, if it isnt much ill certainly go with gts, but if i can get close, i think ill save the 50bucks :)
I remember seeing this some time back; maybe it'll help a little.

untitledut2.png

holy shit, thanks! so there really is a pretty big difference between the two

but guys, i think i might just get a new agp for now... idk what to do, i mean i want the new stuff, but i dont have a job and no real way of getting money, so i think ill just stick with what ive got for now, im pretty happy with it, this is my next thing to save up for right after a new agp card, all i need now is a crappy dvd rom, psu and HD, so no probs, thanks for the help fellas

two things go with a mid-atx NOT a micro atx case or you will regret it. the other thing is for 20 bucks cheaper you can get the 3600+ and OC it up at least 4600+ speeds on stock cooling

Back
Top Bottom