New build. ordering tomorrow. opinions?

Could a 5970 be played on a 42" lcd tv? Or is that wayyyyy too big?

I ordered everything this morning, I hope neweggs shipping is as quick as everyone says it is.

One more thing, does anyone have experience with the windows 7 for system builders? Does it have all the features its retail equivalent has? Just no instructions?

You keep on suggesting the 5870 and 5850 are the same except for the speed difference but the 5870 has more stream processors than the 5850. 160 more to be exact.

No, I am saying there is a 5% performance difference between the two at the same clocks. The 33% price increase is pretty steep for 5%.

5850 Xfire = 5970 because of a bandwidth issue. The 5970 does lose a bit of performance because of the x16 slot. the difference between x16 and x8 for these GPUs is about 5%. The difference between the 5970s GPUs and the GPUs from 5850 Xfire, also 5%.

It is totally even performancewise, though the 5850 Xfire clocks better due to better cooling.

i really hope that your xion PSU dosnt fry your rig.

and also, the reson why i linked the SAME CPU is because that CPU i linked comes with a stock cooler already, hence the aftermarked heat sink fan wouldnt be required.

also, the spin Q is a horrible performer

See I'm not all too well informed about bottlenecking due to the slots, but in raw graphic power, the 5870 produces 3 teraflops and the 5850 2. That's not 5%. Are the PCIe 2.0 slots really that restricting that they make a 50% increase in power into a 5% increase?

^agreed

See I'm not all too well informed about bottlenecking due to the slots, but in raw graphic power, the 5870 produces 3 teraflops and the 5850 2. That's not 5%. Are the PCIe 2.0 slots really that restricting that they make a 50% increase in power into a 5% increase?

^agreed

what he means is by pure game benchmarks. They perform almost equally clock for clock when equally tested.

^agreed

Where are you getting these numbers? They are BS.

Also, you have to account for the changes in clock speed. The 5970 is not two 5870s. It is two 5870 cores at 5850 clocks.

lol I do not like it when people make things up.

the actual numbers @ stock are 2.09 TFLOPS for 5850 and 2.72 TFLOPS for 5870.

With both at the 5850's clocks (same as 5970 as well) the 5870s theoretical FLOPS will be 2.32 TFLOPS, versus 2.09 from the 5850.

In gaming benches, the difference is even smaller.

Back
Top Bottom