New Build Need Input

AOD

In Runtime
So I'm gonna be building new system soon, just needed some input about my parts and any other information I could use.
Firstly it's nearing the end of the year so are there going to be any price drops soon? If so they worth waiting for?
The rig is going to be used for gaming and this is what I got so far:
RAM - Corsair 5-5-5 PC2-6400 Twin2X XMS 2GB DDR2 Kit (2x1GB) DDR2-800Mhz
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-P35-S3L (Input on this would be good, just need a basic board with decent overclocking features)
GPU - ASUS 8600GT
PSU - Undecided
CPU - Intel E6750
I don't really know about the PSU, I got some from other systems but don't know about how many watts this system will need.
The motherboard is the main part I am not so certain about, I need a average priced board with decent overclocking features. I had good experience with gigabyte before but input please :D

Thanks.

ok what speed is your old RAM ? need to know that for picking out a new board.

i got rough prices for the processor and motherboard and athough you may be in US i think the mobo is about £70 here and processor £50 thats £120 or $240.

and personallyy i think you should up the processor and down the motherboard.

for motherboard u reccomend the Asus P5ND2-SE which is £36 or $72

and CPU i reccomend the E6320 which is £100 or $200 so its a little more but alot better

The ram is PC4300(266mhz) forget to check that, will most likely get new ram aswell now.
With the CPU I choose, it is said to be able to be OCed to 3.2ghz max and 3ghz for stability. Which in benchmarks competed with the E6750. Though this is only from one site so mmmm. Got any ideas on the OC ability of the E6320?

ok well im not sure on the e2160 being equal to the e6750 OC or not ?

and im not sure on the e6320,

also you will def need some new RAM

So now I looking for RAM with some OC capability and a motherboard to suit. Anyone get any ideas feel free to post em, also I'm in Aus if you wanna be nice and convert price XD

Alright so I found two 2gb kits:
2GB-Kit Corsair Value Select PC-5300 (667MHz), 240-pin DDR2, non-ECC, Unbuffered, 2x128Mx64
&
2G-Kit DDR2-667 Kingston RAM PC2-5300 CL5 240-Pin DIMM Kit, 2 pcs
(Both about same price)
Anyone know if these would be alright for medium overclocking?

Found an alright looking motherboard:
Gigabyte GA-P35-S3L
Can't connect to gigabyte website atm for some reason but looks fine from other sites.

Any more input? Guess I can pick which ever of ram I'll go see if I can find some reviews but mainly now I need to know what wattage PSU I should get.

Eh, I would stay away from that Pentium Dual core. The E6320 will do you much better in the long run.

Yeah I can either get a better CPU or GPU so I guess I'll get better CPU from what I hear. Gotta check my price so far again now :eek:

Alright just checked, whats you opinon on the E6750? Seems to still be in my range and heard nice OC capbilities about this aswell.

Back
Top Bottom