New Build Advice

blando233

In Runtime
Hey guys!!
So i am thinking on deff rebuilding my machine
So i wanted to see what some of you guys might have in mind.
I am looking for almost everything really
New Case(like a pretty cool one), motherboard, CPU, graphics (i do play games here and there like battlefield etc. Not a hugeee gamer. atleast not yet), I do like to do a lot of stuff at once on my machine, Storage a plus i was thinking like getting a network storage device not sure want to hear your guys opinion on that, What about Solid State drive or just still go with a SATA drive, I do have a SATA drive now i can prob re-use it if needed its 1TB.
I am not looking for like one really expensive computer somthing nice fast.
Any questions please ask.
Thanks guys!!!

Got a budget in mind? At the moment, the best basis for machines is to be found with Intel's Sandy Bridge chips, they're reasonably cheap and very fast. I'd recommend the i5 2500k. There's a huge range of motherboard, starting at like £30/$40ish and going up to £300/$600 or there abouts. Your budget will really affect what motherboard you'd go for. More 'stable' graphics line at the moment is Nvidia's GTX range, the 460 is a good start, but the 550 to 570 cards are the enthusiast ones. as for SSDs/HDDs, if you were going to store your OS on it, only your OS would load fast, because they're so small-capacity at the affordable end, that the OS is all that fits on them. If you're going to store your games on 1TB magnetic drives, I'd say just use magnetic drives throughout. Plus, overlooking SSDs gives you a fair amount extra to put out on other stuff. Like, if you think about it like this (talking in £, because I'm english :]) the average 60GB SSD is about £100, for that money you could get 2TB worth of magnetic drives.

Ok thanks for the info yea looking to spend like 800 maybe..maybeee lol..so you think really just stick with HDD? I see what your saying about just the OS on the SSD. So looking for stuff for 800 USD

Don't forget to add a CD/DVD drive and a OS.

Do you already have a monitor as well as peripherals?

he said he's looking at re-building so i assumed he already has the other stuff, DVD drive could just be swapped across, and monitors and peripherals and stuff. Might have to stretch your budget a bit to incorporate an OS if you can't re-use whats already on your old machine.

If he bought it retail, then he can transfer the license, but if he bought it OEM, then he will have to buy a new one.

Thanks ill have to take a look at the links see what u came up with..yea I already have cd and dvd burner and os got all that. But good thinking and looking out. Thanks DARK ill look at it after work and let u know

I like it only thing prob change is the case. Looking for a good case that has the HHD slots facing different way so its easier to get to and all

Back
Top Bottom