Gigabyte 896M GTX 275
4G Kit DDR3 2000 G.Skill-Trident
Seagate SATA 320G
Seagate SATA 1TB
Samsung SATA DVDRW
Corsair Power Supply 750W
Thermaltake Armor+ MX

for the mobo should i get this one or the ASUS p7p55D-pro

looks nice man, whats with these though?
Seagate SATA 320G
Seagate SATA 1TB
why not get to drives in between those two capxities and put them in RAID0 for better than velociraptor speed??

also ddr3 2000 isnt really nessesary you'd be fine with 1600

My personal preference for mobos is ASUS so i would naturally pick that one. But dont get me wrong, Gigabytes are very high quality boards as well :)

Why do you need 320 gigs for operating system? I understand you'll probably want to put applications and programs on there for faster performance, but do you really need 320 gigs?
Also, I'm not sure about this someone will have to correct me, but I don't think putting operating system etc. on another REGULAR SATA drive will make a difference.
I thought it only makes a difference if you put storage on a SATA drive, and other stuff on an SSD. But I'm not sure.

I don't think a 10k RPM will make much a difference.
I feel that the only time that you need a separate HDD for apps and OS is when you are using a SATA for storage, and you get an SSD for apps and OS. Or if you have a 5400 RPM for storage, getting a 7200 RPM for OS might be worthwhile.

ssd's cost a lot
and im getting 320g just to be sure itll fit a lot of programs etc.

Yeah they are expensive, I am just saying that I don't see a need for a separate SATA drive for apps.
I feel you should just put everything including storage and OS and apps on one drive.

Back
Top Bottom