New Build.

bill gisse

Baseband Member
Am in process of building new computer using AMD 64 X2 3800+ to build around, have everthing except CPU and Memory, which are on order from NewEgg and should be here Mon-Tues.Using a Antex P160 case which has a bunch of wires to put somewhere. There are two thermo sensors on 26" wires that need to installed on the Mobo and Hard drive respectvely. Any suggestions (from experience) exactly where and how those sensors are to be installed.

Case, Antec P160 ( Added front case fan)
PS, Antec TruePower 2.0 550W
MOBO, Gigabyte GA-K8NF-9
CPU, AMD Athlon 64X2 3800+ (on order)
MEM, 2gb, OCZ Platinum. DDR 400 3200(on oorder)
AOpen 16X DVD R/RW , DUW1616
AOpen 16X DVD-ROM, DVD 1648
HD, Western Drive, WD 1600JS, OEM
Graphics, GIGABYTE G-Foorce 6200.(Cheapie for now, no games)
Card Reader 19 in 1.
OS, XP Pro, OEM
CPU cooler( not decided )

May add another HD later and have to pick up a modem card also. This rig is a biggie compared to to our SONY's. Silver with blue lights. Grandson says its neat.

I'm sure Antec comes with a manual on where to install those sensors. I would look at that first. If it doesn't tell you anything, I would look at the type of connection it has and match it with the motherboard. It's probably one of those 3-4 pin connectors? Maybe it goes into the fan connections built into the motherboard?

TRDCorolla said:
I'm sure Antec comes with a manual on where to install those sensors. I would look at that first. If it doesn't tell you anything, I would look at the type of connection it has and match it with the motherboard. It's probably one of those 3-4 pin connectors? Maybe it goes into the fan connections built into the motherboard?

They aren't connectors.They are little sensor about 1/8' wide, 1/64 " thick and 1" long with two tiny wires going to the read out on front of the case. They must be fastened to the area to be measured. I tookk the one for the hard drive and stuck it between the bottom of the hard drive and the slide in tray, seems to work okay there. The case manual says what they are and the MOBO manual doesn't say anything because the sensor's are part of the case and only uses the mobo to get power.

Are those the temperature probes? Kinda flat and thin? You can stick those where ever you need to see the temperatures (although they're not precise). You can tape one to you hard drive, or stick it by your CPU heatsink/fan...those are some examples. You can even just let one hang there to see the ambient temperatures in your case.

I would defiantly make one an ambient temperature reading, because "putting them near the part" seems somewhat inaccurate and useless since its the core temp that you want the majority of the time.

Back
Top Bottom