NetGear Adapter

okay so a while back when I put 4 gig of ram into my computer and after I did My netgear wireless pci adapter stopped working,nothing fixes it, I uninstall the drivers for it under device manager, I uninstall the device and then click on scan for new hardware it detects it but it cant install drivers I have downloaded the latest drivers from windows updates but nothing works
except my crappy usb wireless adapter...

This is annoying my usb thing sucks!!!
Any help?
thanks!

96277457ls6.jpg

Woah... You mean to tell me the eMachines T5226 can handle 4 gigs of RAM? I have the same computer and I have always thought there was a 2 GB max with this system. Can it handle 4 gigs, because if so, I know what I'm getting for my birthday :)

I suppose that could be your problem, you have too much memory, but go with the others and try to get signed drivers or use your the CD.

Not much of a solution Tommy. The real problem is why the adapter is failing to work. I really don't see how adding more memory would cause it to fail, while everything else runs perfectly.

He should follow the installation procedure outlined in the second link I posted to see if that works. Also make sure it's fully seated in the slot. It could have been bumped while installing the new memory.

I have just come back from my aunts
Thank you all very much for the replies,

its the same exact kind of ram
both sticks!
Um my computer tells me I have 4 gigs of ram I have to slots so 2 2gigabyte sticks work I don't see why it wouldn't

it says on this page that the motherboard supports 4 gigs of ram
as long as you have the same motherboard as I do,
http://www.intel.com/products/motherboard/d945gcl/index.htm

I know that the card is properly seated because I have taken it out and put it back in and still no avail,

I will check out everyones answeers for the problem and report back
Thank You all!

after you uninstall it try rebooting without the card in at all the turn your pc off and re seat it then try again. That solved similar problems for me in the past.

Okay so I downloaded all the drivers from that page and the first one worked,
I swear this is what I did before and it didn't want to work..well now I don't have to use my crappy usb adapter!!
woot thanks!

Back
Top Bottom