Need your Help in Deciding laptop

The 1st one is better simply because the graphics card is better, and because it has more RAM info, otherwise, both laptops are exactly the same.

Take notice of the Graphics card information on the second laptop: "AMD Radeon HD 6490M with Intel HD". If this isn't a typo (as this particular card isn't listed on the AMD site as a supported hardware device for what I suspect it to be), this laptop may have 'switchable graphics'. Switchable Graphics allows you to change the graphics card being used so you can turn on the more powerful dedicated video card for gaming, but then change it to the integrated Intel HD graphics card to conserve battery life when simply using the internet/watching movies/etc. Now, you should take into consideration that Switchable Graphics is relatively new (not in technology/application) in it's level of support from ATI/AMD and we had a thread on here not too long ago where a user was having issues with the Graphics Drivers when they changed the OS and you simply can't (I can't at least) find the stinkin driver/software package for AMD's Switchable Graphics. If you plan on sticking with the pre-loaded OS, which there's nothing wrong with, then I would first contact the seller to make sure that it does come preloaded with the Switchable Graphics drivers/software, then maybe even consider the laptop if battery life is a big concern.

The Graphics card on the second laptop is better as well, not by leaps and bounds according to benchmarks, but for the same price?? Go with option 2

Ah, I took it as the "with intel hd" meant that it was an integrated intel hd graphics card.

Thanks for all your responses so far.
I myself am leaning towards the second option maikly due to better graphics. First one seems to be a later release (at least from its model no.) of the same laptop with a thinner profile and I personally am all up for mobility. So, I guess it all comes down to whether the graphics card for the second one is good enough to outweigh the thinner profile of the first option.

I am as confused as OP, with little different model.
During my today's visit to Sony Style, I ended up on any of following two laptops.
Option 1: VPCSB11FXB ($899.99).
Option 2: VPCSC1AFDS ($999.00).

Option 2 has Blue Ray. I don't remember other difference. Which one is better? Please help me to clear my thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom