Need Something Like VMWare but Faster

karling07

Daemon Poster
Hey everyone, Im running Vista Ultimate and I just tried to install Mac OS X x86 and ubuntu in VMWare Workstation. I have a lot of resources available on my comp (7300 Core Duo, 2GB RAM, 200GB 7200 RPM HD, 512MB Geforce GFX), and I still noticed that especially with OSX, the graphics and applications were much too slow.

I would try to tri-boot with vista, but im just very concerned about messing up any data. So im just wondering are there any programs like VMWare that are just faster and dedicate more resources (basically like the whole comp) to the guest OS, because i dont need to run more than one at once, i just dont want to tri-boot.

Thanks!

just tri boot with all three of those.. its possible. go to www.insanelymac.com for advice on how to install mac on you pc, and to run dual and tri boots with all three of these.

There isn't really anything faster...you do know you can force VMWare to give the guest OS more resources under edit virtual machine, right?

Theres nothing faster, you could add more RAM to improve it, because the more virtual machines your running, the more RAM you use.

Back
Top Bottom