Need something to clean my computer, suggestinos?

oneshot1

Baseband Member
Hi all, recently ive dropped 1200$ on a gaming computer and i need to invest in a cleaning system i can use on it. I dont know whats the safest and best system to use for it. Ive heard air compressor but then ive heard thats bad, does anyone know of any suggestions that would be best for me? Thanks.

Just install some fan grilles on all intake fans and it won't be a problem anymore.

I have filters on all of my intake fans and dust still manages to get into my computer. No clue how :p

My weapon of choice, however, would have to be the air compressor. Canned compressed air just doesn't have enough of a punch :S

If you use an air compressor, be sure to get an air dryer as the compressor creates a bit of condensation in the process.

I have filters on all of my intake fans and dust still manages to get into my computer. No clue how :p

My weapon of choice, however, would have to be the air compressor. Canned compressed air just doesn't have enough of a punch :S

+1. Quick and dirty way to get it done if you can take it outside.

If you use an air compressor, be sure to get an air dryer as the compressor creates a bit of condensation in the process.

Even without a moisture filter, you can still use an air compressor. Just make sure you don't have a super high PSI, and that you wait a while before plugging power back into the computer. Ya know, 20 minutes, if you are really worried about condensation from the air.

My current weapon of choice, though, is a set a vacuum attachments made for small nicks and crannies. However, I wouldn't advise using them for longer than 5 minutes because it really heats up the vac. :p They work well for the occasional cleaning of client computers, and I don't have to lug them outside to the air comp.

do vacuums really get the job done good? for some reason i couldnt see a vacuum getting the small films of dust that sit on my parts, let alone get in the nooks and crannies of the motherboard pieces and what not. Anyone have input on this? along with maybe which kind/brand/type of vacuum i should get if i was to get one? if not i will probably just go with an air compressor, it seems like that will get the job done good, but still want to figure out which is best before spendin money on something

do vacuums really get the job done good? for some reason i couldnt see a vacuum getting the small films of dust that sit on my parts, let alone get in the nooks and crannies of the motherboard pieces and what not. Anyone have input on this? along with maybe which kind/brand/type of vacuum i should get if i was to get one? if not i will probably just go with an air compressor, it seems like that will get the job done good, but still want to figure out which is best before spendin money on something

No no. Sorry if I was unclear. For my customers, when I fix there computer, if I have to open it up, I vacuum it "on the house". I just use attachments. That small film of fine dust won't matter to them.

In my OWN computer, I usually use an air compressor once per year to get that film off. I wouldn't dare rub a bristled vacuum attachment over sensitive parts.

Hope that helps.

Don't need nothing fancy if you are just going to clean computers. But you should get an attachment for a "wind fan" (that's what I call it anyways), and a moisture filter.

Back
Top Bottom