Need Some RAM help

woody84

Baseband Member
Here is the Ram I currently have:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227365

I installed a TV Tuner and now I would like to have at least another 2 gig. My problem is I can't seem to find this identical RAM sold in any less then 6 Gig at a time. My MOBO will handle 12G if need be.

I was wondering if I can put a different kind of RAM in along with what I have? would that cause any problems?

What Mobo do you have? What do you need more than 6MB to do??

And yeah, you dont really need more than 6MB, you shouldnt find any problems with 6MB. If you do your problems probably lie elsewhere..

---------
I may think of a signature soon..

Ugh what a brain freeze...

I need help today, cant wait to get home in a few hours!

EDIT: Make sure you get more RAM than 6MB,

What Mobo do you have? What do you need more than 6MB to do??

And yeah, you dont really need more than 6MB, you shouldnt find any problems with 6MB. If you do your problems probably lie elsewhere..

I have a PT6 deluxe (it will handle 12 gig, shown in sig)

I want more then 6gig to help offset the huge amount that WMC is eating up when recording TV in the background.

Before when I started up the computer I was using only 20% of my total RAM

Now with WMC running in the background just when I start the computer I'm using almost 67% of my total RAM (6 gig currently)

Say I'm also Downloading a torrent in the background as well and I'm up to about 85% of my total ram. Even at this point the computer is running just fine and I have no problems

Then I start up a game of bad company 2 online in a 32 person multiplayer game and I will get slow frame rates.

I know that 12gig would be way overkill and I don't want to spend another $150 on 6 gig, but if I could pick up just another 2 gig card for 1/3 of the price I would be set.

The CPU never hits full load so I don't think the bottleneck is there.

You do not need more than 6GB

I don't NEED a quad core, a case with 6 fans, 5.1 surround sound speakers, and a 32" HDTV as a monitor either....... but their friggin' sweet:D

Good luck with that. I did a search and couldn't find any suppliers selling a single stick of the 2GB DDR3 OCZ Gold for less than $80.

I have a PT6 deluxe (it will handle 12 gig, shown in sig)

I want more then 6gig to help offset the huge amount that WMC is eating up when recording TV in the background.

Before when I started up the computer I was using only 20% of my total RAM

Now with WMC running in the background just when I start the computer I'm using almost 67% of my total RAM (6 gig currently)

Say I'm also Downloading a torrent in the background as well and I'm up to about 85% of my total ram. Even at this point the computer is running just fine and I have no problems

Then I start up a game of bad company 2 online in a 32 person multiplayer game and I will get slow frame rates.

I know that 12gig would be way overkill and I don't want to spend another $150 on 6 gig, but if I could pick up just another 2 gig card for 1/3 of the price I would be set.

The CPU never hits full load so I don't think the bottleneck is there.

I don't NEED a quad core, a case with 6 fans, 5.1 surround sound speakers, and a 32" HDTV as a monitor either....... but their friggin' sweet:D

Turn off Superfetch in services. I run BC2 just fine with 4GB of RAM. Are you doing this all at the same time?

Back
Top Bottom