Need some help choosing new moniter. 17'' or 19'', analog or ultrasharp?

i would go with the viewsonic. they're both 500:1 and have 8ms responce time, they all seem pretty much the same except for Dell's useless usb ports on the monitor.

i would go with the viewsonic, although the dell is better. but if you really want a 19", go with the viewsonic.. if you can swing the price, definitely go with the dell. or just save up more

Actually, the USB ports are a big plus on monitors. If you dont like to reach down to your computer on the floor, like me, its a huge plus. I would get the Dell instead of the Viewsonic.

Well, Id use those usb ports. But the only problem is that my keyboard has two on it. So I use those instead. Oh well, lol..

Just to let you all know, i've pretty much decided on dell. Just for the fact that its an ultraclear, and even though a marketing scam, still pulled me in :D

UltraSharp isn't a marketing scam. Ask Ownage. He owns the Dell 2005FPW UltraSharp 20.1" Widescreen LCD Monitor. I've even seen it up close with my own eyes and everything is pretty sharp and clear. Heck, it probably even rivals CRTs.

Well.. Im used to this standard low budget dell moniter. I desperatly need a new one. Anyways.. Do you think that the Ultrashap is better then the viewsonic. Or any other for about the same price ($254).

And I really do trust your judgment, so do you think its worth the extra cash for the ultrasharp. Or are the analog, and ultrasharp too close in picture to jusitfy the price difference.

I never liked ViewSonic. The only thing they had was response time. The clarity and crispness of images isn't as good compared to LCD monitors from Samsung, NEC, Dell, Gateway etc.

Their response time is measured in gray to gray, not black to white. Keep that in mind when choosing monitors.

So, basicly what your saying is stop looking around, and jump on this oppertunity with the 25% off cupon?

ownage said:
Their response time is measured in gray to gray, not black to white. Keep that in mind when choosing monitors.

I dont think that response time is that big of a deal. This dell moniter is an 8ms. And Ive heard anything under 12ms, and your okay. Besides my video card sucks, it cant handle games too well, so im not worried about response times at all.

Back
Top Bottom