need replacement for lga 775 cpu

Kaotix

Baseband Member
What are the best choices? Price is not a problem. Im looking for something for gaming

what do I need to download to see it?

its a 790i Ultra SLI SPP chipset

right now its an e8400 core 2 duo

it will be written right on the board
but judging by the chipset, it'll probably handle most available.

No, if you want to use an Intel Core i7 Processor then you would have to upgrade your motherboard. You need to stick with socket LGA775 specific processors.

My recommendation is that you should upgrade the motherboard to a socket LGA1155 and upgrade the processor as well.

Likewise, I'm with Abe, 775 is outdated (totally dead too as far as Intel is concerned) and even some of the low end i3's can spank the high end Core 2 Duo's that were in 775.

theres a quad core 775 3.00Ghz by intel should I get that I think its the best they have

Depends on the price. You are hitting the point of diminishing returns on anything too expensive.

depending on the rest of your system, i agree with abe and og, 775 is long gone. really these is no point waisting money on something you will change again a few months later because it cant handle what you want it for, best bet is to go 1155 with a i5 2500K if ou know how to overclock, or just a z68 with a non K series cpu

Back
Top Bottom