need to replace cpu

markak134

Baseband Member
hello ive already got alot of help on these forums im wondering if you guys can help me with one one more thing

this is the computer i have
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883103237

ive already upgraded the graphics card and got a new case i want to play games on it and i need the processor to be at least 3.0ghz

will this one fit in
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...cm_re=AMD_Athlon_II_X2-_-19-103-844-_-Product

because i was looking how to replace processors and i found out you cant just buy any one because they wont fit all the time

oh and if you guys have any suggestions of an even better cpu that will work with my computer that is better than the one i posted let me know

ask anyone here, that upgrade is an absolute waste of money.

You should realize that the difference between 2 similar processors lets say for instance the Phenom 955 and 965 is only 200 mhz. BUT the speed difference is in practicality negligible. You will not realize a lag on the 955 anymore than the 965.

Don't upgrade a processor because you want a clock speed from a 2.7ghz to a 3ghz. Speed of a processor is not purely determined by clock speed.

Upgrade a processor for more cores or a better architecture and design, or less heat generation.

I'm assuming since you upgraded your graphics card but no upgraded power supply, the new card is rather low end to mid range. Upgrading your processor will practically do nothing for you gaming needs until you acquire a sufficient power supply to handle the new hardware and a higher end gaming card.

Even still after that an upgrade in quality of ram will give you a greater economical boost in performance.

I promise you, that new processor will not give you a 10fps to 30fps increase in any modern level game

i got the radeon 6470 which i should of got the new one but i didnt know about it and i got a power supply too 600w or somthing and i was trying to play metro 2033 and its running a little slow i should of got that 8470 card or whatever it is but i didnt know

yea neither of those cards exist, unless you are referring to the 4670 and 4870.

The 4670 should run fine in your current psu, 4870 prolly not (and may not fit).

Yea, don't upgrade the processor and if you do upgrade your gpu make sure you do so with your psu.

good luck

yea i have the radeon 4670 and i have the more than enough power for it and this game is running slow im going to have to play it on low settings i dont what do i need to make the games run
better i waas playing al kinds of games fine but this new game metro it goes slow when alot of action starts happening so maybe i cant play new games i dont know

im playing metro right now on low settings its running fine and it still looks good too but i can run other game like crisis and stalker on high

Back
Top Bottom