Need a new motherboard

No because Windows doesn't like it when you try boot from hard drive with completely new hardware especially motherboards, So you would need to reinstall windows and all the drivers.

I didn't have any problems with switching to the ASRock, and the new CPU on the same boot up. It did just fine!

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

Yeah, I knew that.:eek:
Are there any brands to stay away from? I found this one:

ASUS P8H61-M LE/CSM R2.0 LGA 1155 Intel H61 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Newegg.com. Decent?:Thanx:

Really no brands to stay away from! ASUS, ASRock, MSI, all good motherboards

Yeah, I knew that.:eek:
Are there any brands to stay away from? I found this one:ASUS P8H61-M LE/CSM R2.0 LGA 1155 Intel H61 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Newegg.com. Decent?:Thanx:
Cool :thumb:

No specific brand to stay away from as long as no specific features are sought after. But try to stick with well known brands like Gigabyte, Asrock (like mine) and of course Asus like your pick. With respect to some other brands.

Btw, if the case is not micro ATX specific, it can also hold full ATX, or so called just ATX, motherboard. Full ATX cases, if you're lucky yours is, by default support micro ATX boards. It can be confirmed by looking at the screw holes pattern. And of course the size of the case.

Cool :thumb:

No specific brand to stay away from as long as no specific features are sought after. But try to stick with well known brands like Gigabyte, Asrock (like mine) and of course Asus like your pick. With respect to some other brands.

Btw, if the case is not micro ATX specific, it can also hold full ATX, or so called just ATX, motherboard. Full ATX cases, if you're lucky yours is, by default support micro ATX boards. It can be confirmed by looking at the screw holes pattern. And of course the size of the case.

I ordered that board last night. If the board doesn't work in the case I'll just have to get a new case too.:lol: Somebody on a different forum said I should look out for system stability due to drivers. Should I be concerned?
Again, thanks.:thumb:

Right on :thumb:

Hate to be the bearer of possible bad news, but you might get blue screens preventing you from booting to Windows at all.

All you can do now is try. If it boots successfully, then don't worry about system instability as you can simply replace the drivers. It is easy once you're inside Windows.

This is normal, as the motherboard is what everything rest on.

If you're not in a hurry, don't let this bother you. it can be fixed relatively easy. It will be a great learning experience as well.

Lets take it step by step here and things are gonna be just fine.

We have a saying here that translates to "put a summer watermelon in your stomach". It means thing are cool :)

Then I consider my self lucky to eat anything I want... Not married :(

Keep us posted, and feel completely free to ask for anything anytime :thumb:

My next hurdle is to modify one of the HP plugs to match the new mobo. I'm thinking some small male to female jumper wires.

Good news: everything is together and it even turned on when I hit the power button.

Bad news: I have the startup repair screen.

What now?

Back
Top Bottom