Need network help

N556EP

Solid State Member
I bough a platop a couple of moths ago and now i want to go wireless, the quesion i m coming acroos or the promblem is HOW? people told me you can just get a PCMIA card but you have to find a hot spot to be able to surf the web check mail etc. HOw many hot spots are actually out there? and i heard some you have to pay for the service, is that true? Also people told me Celluar companys offer time on there servers or what not, and you can connect from anywhere the park your house etc anywhere, but as i was look at the plans it seems that can get plenty pricy and plenty fast. HOw does that work what do they chrage you for? they say you have a 10mb limit but is that for just DL stuff? also does anyone else know of Wireless ways to connect? I want to go tottaly wireless i want to be able to connect from anywhere at anytime but not have it take a chunk outof my wallete thansk Robert.

COmpletely Wireless? You'll need an Intel Centrino-Style Satalite Laptop.

If you want wireless completely in your house - you can just get a PCMIA Wireless Card and a Computer with a PCI Wireless Card connected to the Internet, and a Hub with a reasonable sized antenia to send the signal throughout your house. You could get a Wireless Router, which would do the same job as the Computer Connected to the Internet - but you'd still need a Hub and the Antenia to tranmit however far you want to go.

As for Hotspots? Maybe they're an American thing but even if they are they'll be in Big Cities in Park Areas, and they'll be dreadfully expensive.

Back
Top Bottom