need a little bit of help!?please

Andy

Beta member
I have a few queries. I have bought one 256Mb, 168-pin, DIMM, 32Mx64, SDRAM, PC133, cl=2 ,sync(upgrade for fujitsu-siemens euroline PIII 900 system) and one 128Mb, 168-pin, DIMM, 16Mx64, SDRAM, PC133,cl=2, sync(upgrade for fujitsu-siemens euroline PIII 900 system) I believe the fujitsu-siemens euroline PIII system to be mine because it has the same motherboard (M6VCG) and my system is a 999MHz/1ghz, 128Mb PIII euroline system. The problem i have had is the two RAM sticks have gone into the slots with not to much hassle. i have then powered the system up and gone into the control panel (i have xp pro) performance and maintenance-see basic information about your computer and it still says 128Mb of RAM i have taken the RAM out and tried it again but the computer fails to see that the RAM is there. So i downloaded belarc advisor and it told me i had 128Mb of RAM in my computer and that the slots with the new sticks of RAM were empty. We don't have a big manual for the computer so i typed into google the motherboard of the computer and got a manual for the computer, it told me what sort of RAM i needed etc and the RAM www.crucial.com/uk site recommended me looks like they match the specifications perfectly. When the RAM arrived i went to put it into the PC and they looked slightly smaller in height than the existing stick but they were the right length. I have looked through crucials FAQ's section but cant find an answer so i hope from the information i have given you, you can tell me what is wrong? i have changed them around in order in the slots and when i put the 256MB module in the first slot the newer 128MB module in the second slot and the older 128MB module in the third slot it made a series of beeps and nothing happened on the screen does this mean its the wrong memory for my system? if not what is the problem.
please reply
thankyou
Andy

aint good for mixed cuz they shood al run at the same speed. I put mixed in my old pc and it made it slower. 2x 128mb pc133's

Even if you have pc 100 and pc 133 in a system, if the 133 is backwards-compatible then it will run at 100, otherwise it won't work :(

Take the memory back, sell your current memory, and get matching stuff.

Back
Top Bottom