Need help upgrading processor!

PCs_ForTheWin

Baseband Member
What is the largest size processor that will work on my computer??? My computer is a Compaq Evo D51c. Thanks in Advance.

After a quick search, it seems that your motherboard (HP 262283-001) only supports Pentium IVs. Your best bet is a platform upgrade.

Do you have a specific budget, and what is the intended use of this computer?

I am on a budget of $140 and i want to play games. Is my best option to upgrade to a 3.2 ghz processor (if possible) or to just buy a new computer?

What video card, RAM, and PSU do you have?

Also, is your case the normal ATX tower or the slimline version?

I'm gonna try to put together a new build for you that recycles any usable parts. If you can stretch your budget by any amount, say so because it will make a huge difference in what you end up with.

I currently have no video card, i have 1.5 GB DDR ram and as for my psu... my input is 240V my output is 220W. please tell me what you think! "i know my computer is on the low end :)"

its not a slimline and i can go up to $250 :) hope it helps a little... if you need any other specs just ask.

Okay I can definitely put together something good for $250. Can you make sure your case is ATX, not some weird oem form factor? Google and you can find some pictures of atx boards. Just make sure the holes are in the same places.

I am also willing to buy stuff off Ebay and also can you include a price next to the hardware i will need... ex: xxx-$15

Dell OptiPlex GX520 P4 HT <<<< should i just buy this and add ram and a bigger hdd and also a video card?

Back
Top Bottom