need help please

00xtreme

Solid State Member
hey all i'm new and i've been having problems with my computer so i've come here for help

i'll start by sayin i own a dell d600 Latitude laptop, i went the reboot the computer yesterday and when it went to start back up after POST it simply went to a black screen and didn't do anything else, it seems as if it is not loading anything from the harddrive or something like that. also the computer will not recieve any power from the battery and i know it is charged, i'm not sure if this has anything to do with it but once the screen goes black the NUM LOCK light comes on and i can't turn it off with the button so i'm not sure if this is some sort of error code or something like that, i'd really appreciate any help and let me know if you need to know anymore info thanks

Try this and see if it helps....
Remove all power sources from the unit. Unload the battery and remove the power plug for about ten minutes. Then try to boot up. Let me know one way or another.

no luck, same thing happens, i have a USB external HD and another guy suggested that i create a new partition on the external HD, load an OS on there, then retrieve the files from the other HD, i was wondering how i could create a new partition on the EHD without deleteing everything that was already on it

I don't think it is a hard drive issue. Sounds more like a power issue, like the battery is going bad or something. Do you have to have it plugged into the wall for it to come on?

Can you get into the bios?
reboot and toggle the "del" key or what ever key your system uses to open the bios. Check to see that your HDD is listed.. Then I want you to scroll to the "Load Default Settings" tab and load the default settings and then save and exit. See what it does then.

yes the laptop has to be plugged in to get any power at all, it doesn't get any from the battery, and yes the HD is recognized in the setup and i don't know where "Load Default Settings" is at

00xtreme said:
hey all i'm new and i've been having problems with my computer so i've come here for help

i'll start by sayin i own a dell d600 Latitude laptop, i went the reboot the computer yesterday and when it went to start back up after POST it simply went to a black screen and didn't do anything else, it seems as if it is not loading anything from the harddrive or something like that. also the computer will not recieve any power from the battery and i know it is charged, i'm not sure if this has anything to do with it but once the screen goes black the NUM LOCK light comes on and i can't turn it off with the button so i'm not sure if this is some sort of error code or something like that, i'd really appreciate any help and let me know if you need to know anymore info thanks
ok, just as your computer logo disapears, keep pressing either f1 /f2 0r try f8 , one of those buttons will get you to safe mode, then from the menu highlight LAST GOOD CONFIGURATION THAT WORKED.

using that should boot up your windows ok, after it does..right click your C drive / properties..click the tools tab.

Go error checking , and put in the checks to have it do a check disk at the next bootup, reboot and it should tell you if your hhd is damaged or not. if not it should fix any errors you might have.

Back
Top Bottom