Need help picking out a vcard

Get the vaporX 5770 if you can. It has a much better cooler and somewhat higher clocks.

If not, be sure you get the V2 cooler (egg shaped one) as it is much cooler than the V1 (batmobile one)

Sorry, I don't follow. As far as I know, a cooler is something I put my drinks in.

Anyhow, I'll get the psu and the vcard together I guess, if it won't run on either of my psus.

*edit*

I'm seeing a lot of REALLY bad reviews for the vaporx, a lot of crashing, card pooping out, running games at a worse framerate than 8800gt, something about shaders, etc. Frankly the entire 5xxx series scares me with its bad reviews. I'm at a loss.

Get the one labeled as vaporX if you can. If not, get the one with the big egg shaped thing on the fan, not the one that looks like the Batmobile, or the super ugly one.

edit: Silverstone is a better brand than Antec...they're up there with Corsair.

That card is fine. Sapphire has arguably the best build quality available.

Most cpu's aren't 140...not even yours. I was using conservative measurements.

Going by the standard TDP ratings, your current cpu, plus two 5770's, would be 281W.

when mentioning the best brands (and don't get it twisted, Antec's top of the line units are right there with the best of the Corsairs) they're all pretty much interchangeable, all top of the line psus use the same top end OEM manufacturers, Silverstone, Antec, Corsair, etc., don't MAKE their psus, they distribute them...

the Antec Signature 850w is the top of the line psu in it's class, bar none, so to say that Silverstone is better is not always true, some of their psus may be better but Antec also sells a lot more psus and uses different OEM manufacturers for different series (Signature, Earthwatts, True Power, etc.)...

Oh I was referring to the VaporX. The link you just posted is dead.

There is surely more than one manufacturer who makes the V2. In the US, its more common than any other model.

This is what I am talking about...
batman.jpg
Not the vaporX.

That's weird, they're the exact same links, neither with any mistakes, yet the second one is broken.

Anyhow, I seem to always come across horrid video cards with 30% of the reviews at 3 eggs or worse, so, could you or anyone find a good one and post it?

Isn't that.... the batmobile from before?

*edit*

Okay I must not have posted that one, but I know I did look at that one before. It looks like the 5750 bios still went out pretty recently with it.

And I know to take reviews with a grain of salt but... Even novices know when their gpu craps out.

Back
Top Bottom