Need Help With Harddrive

kadejd

Baseband Member
ok what it is, is that i got a new samsaug 200 gb harddrive put it in compter says its runing fine but it wont comp up on my compter so i cant put stuff on it does anyone know how

umm from decyphering your message, i think you are having a problem, when you plug in the new harddrive it does not show up...

if that is the case... try these:
  • Check all connections to the Harddrive, then check those connections to your motherboard, in other words, make sure your harddrive is completly connected to your mobo
  • Check the jumpers, I dont remember how to do them... SOMEONE ON CF PLEASE EXPLAIN.
Thats all I know how to do.

ok this is what it i did what it said on the liitle instruction book then it came on fine then the box in the left bottom corner said new hardware so i clicked it. then it say hardware successfully install so i go on my computer and its not there.

Right Click My Computer icon>>Manage>>Disk Management

In the right pane you should see your hard drive that you installed (color coded black, because it's unformatted.) You may need to initialize it. If so, click on the button to the left of it ... probably says Disk 1 and follow the instructions to initialize it. Once it's initialized, right click on the drive and select format. Follow the instructions to format it. Be sure to select quick format option ... you dont really need to do a FULL (and extremely slow) format of the drive. Using the quick format, it should be completed within 30 seconds and change to blue. Once done ... you should be good to go and it'll list in My Computer. Good luck!

Thanks Recon ... though I only have 424 posts ... I like to think I have something to share every now and then, that's worthwhile. :)

Back
Top Bottom