need help in finish my computer! suggestions needed. thanks

wow, everyone (but hedoe and TF) seems to be ignoring his original post, he already has the parts that he's listed and wants suggestions for a PSU, RAM and motherboard...

motherboard...Gigabyte GA-P35-S3G...$85

memory...Neweggs's 3 pages of 1066 DDR2 choices, there are some really good options here for less than $100 after MIR, some are even around $50

psu...Corsair 650W psu with 52A on a single +12v rail...$80 (after MIR)

these should keep you at or below your $300 max depending on what memory you go with...

EDIT...good point TF, it would be nice to know where you live so pricing (parts are cheaper or more expensive depending on where you live) and shipping (Newegg doesn't ship everywhere) can be factored in...

wow, everyone (but hedoe and TF) seems to be ignoring his original post, he already has the parts that he's listed and wants suggestions for a PSU, RAM and motherboard...

motherboard...Gigabyte GA-P35-S3G...$85

memory...Neweggs's 3 pages of 1066 DDR2 choices, there are some really good options here for less than $100 after MIR, some are even around $50

psu...Corsair 650W psu with 52A on a single +12v rail...$80 (after MIR)

these should keep you at or below your $300 max depending on what memory you go with...

EDIT...good point TF, it would be nice to know where you live so pricing (parts are cheaper or more expensive depending on where you live) and shipping (Newegg doesn't ship everywhere) can be factored in...

answer the question that was asked
and they shall do the same for you :D

thanks, wolv. lol at the comment hardcore quadcore LMAO. all other suggestions are still welcomed... and about overclocking, no im not going to do that. and the ps, whats the lowest ps i can get 500? and i live in new york. :)

whats the diff on the ram if i get DDR2 OR DDR3

thanks, wolv. lol at the comment hardcore quadcore LMAO. all other suggestions are still welcomed... and about overclocking, no im not going to do that. and the ps, whats the lowest ps i can get 500? and i live in new york. :)

whats the diff on the ram if i get DDR2 OR DDR3

DDR3 motherboard...ASUS P5K3 DELUXE/WIFI-AP LGA 775 Intel P35...open box, so it won't come with SATA/IDE cables or the ASUS Q connector for your case headers

cheap OCZ DDR3 1333...under $60 after MIR, but not on the P5K3 QVL, actually, none of the DDR3 1333 on Newegg was on the P5K3's QVL

a 500w PSU with a healthy +12v rail should be enough, but I would get at least a 600w just to be safe...

Here's the lowest price quality 500W PSU you can get: Antec Basiq BP500UB 500W @ $34.99

The Gigabyte motherboard suggested only uses DDR2 memory. Besides, DDR3 is way overpriced compared to the current crop of high speed DDR2.

EDIT -
Looks like wol-va-rine shot the "overpriced DDR3" down. :p

Here's the lowest price quality 500W PSU you can get: Antec Basiq BP500UB 500W @ $34.99

The Gigabyte motherboard suggested only uses DDR2 memory. Besides, DDR3 is way overpriced compared to the current crop of high speed DDR2.

EDIT -
Looks like wol-va-rine shot the "overpriced DDR3" down. :p

dude, I had to edit my post while generating the links, it originally said "DDR3 is gonna put you over your $300 limit", wow, was I surprised...

the prices really aren't "that" bad, especially compared to some of the high end DDR2 motherboards and RAM, and yeah, that Antec is a solid psu, it's what I have...

Nope, you don't need to get a DDR3 compatible motherboard and memory. You'll get just as great performance with the DDR2 counterparts.

G.Skill makes great memory. We have some in my son's rig and it runs flawlessly.

CoolerMaster makes a good power supply. I've never had a problem with the one's I've used.

sounds good to me, i know people have been telling me to get a 680i motherboard, but are theyre other similar ones that run a little cheaper?

Back
Top Bottom