need help choosing a laptop..

MidoBan1

Beta member
hi, i wanna 13 inch thin & light laptop.
now, i found these two, and i cant decide which is better:

Dell Vostro V13:
http://www.dell.com/us/en/business/notebooks/vostro-v13/pd.aspx?refid=vostro-v13&cs=04&s=bsd

Asus UL30A:
http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=8CwAK6XZ0pekc7aI

in both of em, i refer to the SU7300 cpu version. is quite hard to decide, i mean the Asus has HDMI, the Dell is a bit thinner, but still, is there anything else i should consider? Do you guys know any other laptops like those (13 inches, as thin and light an those)?

thanks!

MidoBan, welcome to CF!
I would personally go with the ASUS, for me they have had better battery life than with Dells and it looks a lot cleaner. The only drawback to the ASUS would be that it comes equipped with Windows Vista and that's a system hog so I would try to get them to upgrade that to 7 if you could, doubtful they would do it, but if you can spare the extra money, get 7 for it to really get the performance out of it. On these, there's no specific specs, all general ones, do you have the specs that you're looking at getting?

Hello there, Welcome to CF. :)

You may want to go with the Dell, It has a better choice of Operating Systems. ASUS has Vista and that is a real memory hogger. ( I recommend Windows 7 Home Basic/Premium for you)
It has plenty of Hard Drive space and Memory and a good graphics card. So I'd go with the Dell.
Apart from the screen size is there any other requirements?

Hello there, Welcome to CF. :)

If your 13 then you may want to go with the Dell, It has a better choice of Operating Systems. ASUS has Vista and that is a real memory hogger. ( I recommend Windows 7 Home Basic/Premium for you)
It has plenty of Hard Drive space and Memory and a good graphics card. So I'd go with the Dell.
Apart from the screen size is there any other requirements?

LOL! He said he wanted a laptop that is 13 inches. I'm sorry but that was too funny:p

I'd personally go for the Dell, i personally like the looks and from what i hear their support is pretty decent (most of the time). Pretty much every aspect of it is better then the Asus also.

well, the windows vista doesn't bother me because i already own a windows 7 copy so i can just remove the vista and install it. in both laptops i'm going for the SU7300 cpu and the 250GB. so are there any other things apart from the OS?

Then I would say the Dell is enough, It has plenty of memory and Hard drive space. Also if you want to install a few games it has a great graphics card. I would recommend the Dell.

Back
Top Bottom