Need help choosing a cooling system for my comp.

I have these two 120 mm, not sure what model, but made by Yate Loon Electronics that pull a good 74cfms each. My bro got a bunch of them for his rig's radiator and i bought them offa him for like 5 bucks each...I doubt that's gonna help you though... o_O

dude, the one you didn't think would fit on your motherboard is a cooler for your video card, and the Xigmatek is an awesome cooler and though you really don't need it, it's a very good cooler for dirt cheap...

Haha...well, don't I feel stupid...

Anyway, thanks for all the suggestions guys! Oh and last night I managed to squeeze 3.91 GHz outa my Prescott P4 550. WOOT!!!

Very true, my 4850 runs at a warm 80-82 degrees when running a GPU folding client with 27-30% fan speed. Just got an akasa Vortexx neo gpu 2 slot cooler for it today so that should sort that out.

Just to close this open-ended post, the Vortexx Neo VGA cooler took the gpu down to a cool 39-41 degrees C on full load. Very pleased with that :) Highly recommended if you dont mind losing a slot below your PCI-e slot.

Yeah, I imagine those are making some noise, I'd get a fan controller if you don't want to replace them.

Replace them? Now why I do a silly thing like that? XP

Anyway, I'm thinking bout a cooling tower as opposed to the water cooling systems I was looking at before. They'd make a nice radiator, but I'm sure they would work fine on a tower as well.

Liquid cooling is totally unnecessary unless you are overclocking. Even then you can still get high clocks on air.

Well, that's what I'm going for, but I can't seem to get my comp to retain the settings that I put in once I modify them...

You might need to change the CMOS battery if it's not keeping it's settings.

Back
Top Bottom