Need help Byopc

Gamerdude18

Solid State Member
I'm trying to build my own pc, my budget is around $1,000-1,200 dollars ish.
Trying to make it into a gaming rig.
I want it to be kinda good too :X

Right now I'm looking @ this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129043 Full Tower Computer case.

Here's the mother board I'm looking @ http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128387

And the CPU I'm looking @ http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103471

That's pretty much all I got so far XD sorry.

For the Mother Board it says Ram type as DDR2 1333 OC, but I can't seem to find that kind, I'm tired right now and I'm new at this ^.^

Looking for around 2gb-4gb of that type if anyone can find it for me please:)
or higher if It's not too expensive.

I'm pretty much set on the Hard Drive.

I don't know much about the Power Supply.

I want a basic cd+R optical drive, nothing fancy, want to be able to play games on it is pretty much it.

I'm fine with the audio, don't need anything of that kind, what's on the Mother Board is fine with me, unless anyone can find a cheap reliable, dedicated sound card for meh.

Sorry If I sound really newbie here XD This is my first time building my own pc, well my bro is gonna help he's good at it, putting it together, doesn't bother helping me with the stuff I need 2 build it though which is a pain 4 me x.x

Pretty much I need a lot of help here =/

If I'm missing anything or anything doesn't fit please help, sorry for all these requests and stuff, I'm kind of lost :)

Everyone starts sometime I guess :p

I've heard the AMD X4 955 BE is pretty awesome.

This is amazing RAM.

This is a good PSU.

I own This CD/DVD drive, and it's nothing short of perfect for its price. It's a Super All-write/All-read. I don't know if it does Blu-Ray. Never tried. But it reads and writes everything that isn't Blu-Ray fairly quickly.

The Antec 1200 is a great case, but carries a hefty price. You get what you pay for, though. It's well-built, looks really sexy and has excellent airflow.

This RAM is the best and works with your Motherboard

Get a dvd burner like this, DVD BURNER

You should get a Modular Power supply, This one Should suffice

And Because you have an AMD Motherboard and CPU i would Suggest this Video Card

No special cords required. Your PSU should come with an ATX power cord. Any RAM will work as long as it is specified as DDR2 Dual Channel. My suspicion is that the board you are looking at runs stock @ 800MHz for the RAM and you will have to overclock the RAM either way. I like OCZ because their product is backed by a lifetime warranty, it's very fast, and it's typically the cheapest RAM available for its speed.

Any video card will work as long as it is PCI-E x16. I'd make sure it's PCI-E 2.0 x16 to get the most out of your system.

Your motherboard should also come with the necessary SATA cables. Most retailers include at least 1 of each a IDE/FDD cable. And about 2 SATA cables. And some Molex > SATA power converters. As well as Molex > 6P-PCI-E power converters.

I would actually choose an Nvidia card, but that's mostly because of my Preference. Evga makes a really nice GTS 250 512Mb.

What's your monitor size?

No special cords required. Your PSU should come with an ATX power cord. Any RAM will work as long as it is specified as DDR2 Dual Channel. My suspicion is that the board you are looking at runs stock @ 800MHz for the RAM and you will have to overclock the RAM either way. I like OCZ because their product is backed by a lifetime warranty, it's very fast, and it's typically the cheapest RAM available for its speed.

Any video card will work as long as it is PCI-E x16. I'd make sure it's PCI-E 2.0 x16 to get the most out of your system.

Your motherboard should also come with the necessary SATA cables. Most retailers include at least 1 of each a IDE/FDD cable. And about 2 SATA cables. And some Molex > SATA power converters. As well as Molex > 6P-PCI-E power converters.

I would actually choose an Nvidia card, but that's mostly because of my Preference. Evga makes a really nice GTS 250 512Mb.

What's your monitor size?

Oh, okay thanks, I'm going to buy an LCD Monitor, haven't decided which yet though, just want a reliable good priced 1 if you know any that would help:)

Maybe around 19-20" just about, just not too small nor too big, just 1 that would be efficient from the stuff i provided

The Acer 21.5" LCD looks like a great product, and the Graphics card I listed will go greatly with that monitor. The size of your monitor determines how much VRAM your graphics card has. Typically 24+ inches should have ~1Gb VRAM. Any screen smaller, does just fine with 512Mb.

The Acer 21.5" LCD looks like a great product, and the Graphics card I listed will go greatly with that monitor. The size of your monitor determines how much VRAM your graphics card has. Typically 24+ inches should have ~1Gb VRAM. Any screen smaller, does just fine with 512Mb.

Okay, thanks for your help :D Am I missing anything to build my own pc or is that pretty much it [i got the ethernet cable and alrdy gonna get a 1TB Hard Drive for about $70 ish at a local store]

Think that's it though if it is thanks for the help, appreciate it

Do plan on overclocking? If so, I'd suggest an aftermarket cooler. Also make sure the Antec 1200 comes with enough fans.

Back
Top Bottom