Need help on a build

thelonerangers

Solid State Member
I'm building a computer for a friends home automation system, not sure on the specs just yet because I haven't received the software from the company. But my main question is, what components should I use considering I think this pc could be running 24/7 or should it be better off I get something pre-built. And if I go pre-built can u guide me in the right direction. Thank you in advance.

Personally i'd love to build something like this.

I'd go for a stealthy rack mounted unit. Pick the right components and it will be more than happy to run 24/7.

What do u mean by rack unit, pardon my lack of knowledge in this area. I know how to build systems. But from there it is limited but I'm always up for something new. He's not looking to spend a lot of money and if the specs I saw on the website are correct I don't need a power house. Could I get away with a normal desktop build just make sure the cooling system is top notch?

Its not my budget its for a friend, but the automation place sells a dell server for 1800 on sale from 2200. He wants to see if its possible to do it cheaper plus some of the stuff in that pc seem not necessary for a computer that will sit in a basement just running the automation software. I want reliable hardware but within reason of price and a case I guess that can accommodate fans. This is for a home not a commercial setup.

Back
Top Bottom