need help. 7900gtx

Zapdos

In Runtime
ok heres the deal.
My close friend has given me a 7900gtx for free no price so i assume its stolen. Now if i plug it in to my mobo and play some online games is their any way the cops can trace this card to my house :eek:??

I don't think so. Nope, you should be fine. I mean, there's always ways to track it but I'm sure no one will go through the trouble to track a video card unless they have reason to.

Are you stupid or something? If anyon would give me a free $500 video card, id get a heart attack from happiness. Plug that damn thing in and thank your friend every single time you see him!!!!!

And no, there isnt. Plus, even if they could, there is no way they can prove that you did it, that you stole it. The worst they could do is take it away from you.

are you positive. i am going crazy about this. I just dont want the cops knocking on my door one day saying i am under arrest or something stupid.

Well, if you put a tracer on it or have the NSA implant it with some microscircuitry to go online when you activate it. That's what I was referring to, IF, they were desparate enough. But that's a long shot. Your friend is just nice to give it to you. Don't worry about it. It will be fine.

Not like that. I'm just going to the extreme here with examples. You should be fine. The technology is there and they can track it if they want to. Unless you did something horribly wrong and your friend negotiated with the NSA to help them track you down for some conspiracy you did.

Physically--if you were to buy one retail, there is no tracking of any kind. No activation like Windows. It's just a dumb piece of hardware. THen go online and download the nvidia drivers.

Back
Top Bottom