Need help!!!

mojo21

Beta member
Hi I'm new to this board and I was just wondering if anybody could help me out. I just bought a motherboard (ecs pt890t-a) and realised that it doesn't have any onboard video outputs. So I installed my video card that I already had but it still doesn't do anything. The screen just stay black. I am using the ATI Radeon 9200. I have not installed anything onto my hd (no os, or anything) cause I can't see anything. This is a custom built cpu, and everything went well up until this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

MoJo21

Well, the first thing you need to do is double check everything, like is the video card in the right spot and firmly seated? Check your cables to the monitor and make sure the monitor is plugged in and the cables are tight. If you have another monitor you might want to try that to make sure that the monitor isn't bad. Try another video card if you have one to make sure the video card isn't bad.

I would say either your video card is dead or for whatever reason the AGP slot on your motherboard isn't working and you should probably return your motherboard and get a new (better) one. ECS isn't known for making good motherboards.

if every thing is secure and connected does your BIOS give off any beep codes? if not then you probaly got a DOA mobo or CPU. if you can try installing widows with another computer at your side to use as a screen to guide you. if you do make sure to wait a little longer when it come up on the 2nd screen otherwise it may still be loading. when doing so turn you speakers way up so if any sound comes out you will hear it.

Unless i looked at the wrong board and card, your video card is ethier AGP or PCI.
Looks like your MB only does PCI-express.
Just something to check

Back
Top Bottom