Need Help.....

Mike89

In Runtime
Ok, i recently had a ton of Spyware, Malware and adware on my PC due to my firewall being down. That was cleared up. Now with my system clean i can run everything internet,Aim, xfire, ventrilo all perfectly, but when i try to connect to a Counterstrike Source (or any steam game for that matter) server through xfire it just freezes and when i go through the game it says "cannot contact master server to retrieve server list" i really dont think its a firewall problem because im allowing everything that has to do with the game. I even disabled firewall completely and still doesnt work. It doesn't make sense that just CSS wouldnt work with the internet but everything else would. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a match tomorrow lol

I re-installed CSS itself and it still doesnt work, which would point to the firewall. But i completely disabled it and it doesnt work.

Mike89 said:
I re-installed CSS itself and it still doesnt work, which would point to the firewall. But i completely disabled it and it doesnt work.
well did you check if the HL2.exe processes is allowed from the firewall?

can you connect to servers when not using xfire? it is possible that part of xfire was damaged when you were attacked and could be causing this. the only way to find out would be to try joining a server through the game itself and not through xfire.

Back
Top Bottom