Need help

vrdriver4l

Solid State Member
Hey guys just found this forum while surfing and thought mabye you guys could help me out. I wanna get a new processor for my mobo, it is a EPOX 4G4A, it has a poopy 1.8 ghz willimette with 400mhz front side bus. I know it can support up to a 2.8 ghz pentium 4 with 533mhz front side bus, i would like to find one of those, it is a 845G chipset and i can't find any of these anywere ive tried every search and site i could find and nothing. So this is my last resort, sorry for such a noob question but i can't find these anywere, are there other processors i could get, not realy looking to get a new mobo i like my epox and just want a little faster a procceser and im gonna get some PC2700 instead of 2100. So any ideas on were to get a procesor for this board let me know.Thanks for any hel

The 335, 335J and 336 support the 845G Chipset, Scan.co.uk is a great place if you ask me. I would go with them. Submit a Question about it to be sure though. I'm pretty sure it should work though.

BUMP I just subbmited a question and they emailed me back saying they don't ship outside the UK, and didn't say weather the celeron D would work, does any one no for a fact that the celeron D will work with the 845G chipset. I would think it would as long as it has the northwood core?? Am i correct or no would a malay work.

Also will the celeron D be any noticable increase in performance compared to my P4 1.8 willimette, my mobo has oc'ing capabilities so i could oc the cele D also. The P4 1.8 when oced to a 2ghz it will run for a hour or so then just reboot, with temps staying at 40c. But then i turn it back down and it doesn't restart or anything after hours of use, and has the same temp as when i turn it up. Is the cele D better for Ocing

CeleD is not as good as a P4. I would go with a P4 instead. They are a lot better than celerons. If you are a super tight budget, then get a CeleD, if not, look for a P4.

What kinda P4 could i get for that board though with the 845G chipset, i know the EPOX 4G4A+ can support the 533mhz front side bus P4 withe the northwood core i just don't know were to get them at. I took at my 1.8p4 and put my regular 2.7cele back in and its oced to a 3.10 running buetiful no problems at all around 54c. So what P4 could i put in my mobo, sorry for all the questions guys, im a noob lol. We all start somewere right. Thank you

It is true that Northwood P4s are getting very difficult, if not impossible to find. I would check ebay for some northwood P4s. But that would be your best bet to find a 533 northy.

ownage said:
It is true that Northwood P4s are getting very difficult, if not impossible to find. I would check ebay for some northwood P4s. But that would be your best bet to find a 533 northy.
In my experience, Northwood cores are hard to find, yes.. and ussually expensive.

I'd use something like pricegrabber.com to find the best price.

LOL Done and did that i guess if i upgrade ill just go with a celeron D and oc tahe shit out of it lol there only 50 bucks anyway. Thanks for all your help guys it is greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom