. Need help.

Quantum Flux

In Runtime
I just got my themaltake shark case and im not feeling very confident about this new system.

the motherboard i was ordering for it is the asus a8n sli premium.

problem is it the ports look like they wont line up.

here are the photos of the case i took and below is a picture of the premium i had planned in using.

it does look as if the plate for the mbod sockets might be interchangable, but if it is where the heck can i get one to suit the mbod i want?

imageview9hn.jpg

imga10168ca.jpg

imga10136ah.jpg

Re: Got that OH - SH*T feeling. Need help.

ususally when you buy the mobo....it should come with it...right now I am using thermaltake tsunami dream and I am also missisng I/O shield.....I am looking for it too..

yea the mobo should come with an I/O plate... if you bought it retail not OEM.

Same thing happend to me with my av8 3rd-eye

if your not too worried about dust getting in, a quick temporary fix is to simply go without a plate for a little while. or cut with an exacto knife or very sharp pair of scissors anything that doesnt line up.

strictly no hacking up this time - i ended up screwing my last case that way. lol.

this case is worth 5 tinmes as much.

so you say that the mbod will probably have a new plate which can go where the old one was?

Didn't you already ask this before? I told you, but yeah, the motherboard should come with the I/O plate and to change it you get a small hammer/ mallet and pound the case's plate from outside, in. Then use the one that the motherboard came with and pound it (gently) from inside, out.

oh i thought you were talking about punching out the extra ports in the i.o sheild

lol

did not realise you could punch out the whole plate

Back
Top Bottom