need help

ryan12369

Beta member
i bought a new samsung 120gb 7200rpm harddrive i download a lot of divx movies. the folders on that harddrive with divx movies, when i open a folder to look/select any of the movies it cause my comp to lag, the hd will go nuts for 10+mins ... i dont get it.. i have a 1.4tbird 512ddr its just with divx movies too anyone have any idea what it could be? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

have you scanned this folder w/your anti-virus? sounds like their can be one in there, if it is acting funny ....when you open it.

also , you probably don't want to save these on your hhd, since they will eat up alot of space on your hhd, and if your hhd should ever crash....

say good bye to all those movies, i would invest in a dvd rw-drive and burn all those movies to dvd. then you can watch them on your comp. or ywer dvd player.

oh i do burn them to dvds, its just a pain and i dont see any reason why a folder full of divx movies would lag my hd... its strange i never had this problem before when i have a 5200 80gb...

well, keeping lot's of movies on yer hhd , will take up space....that's fine if you want to keep em on there.

it could be that there is other stuff on your comp. that needs to be cleaned out....have you run the defrag. on your hhd lately.....

this will help to speed things up.

Back
Top Bottom