Need General Advice on Graphics Card to Pick (Low Profile)

benbob

Beta member
hey :) definitely not a tech expert but i own a Inspiron 530s desktop which currently has a ATI Radeon hd xt 2400 graphics card in it. I want to upgrade this to another graphics card (low profile so it will fit) so i can get better gaming performance. I do know my options are limited with a slim case machine like mine but any usefull advice as to what to get and where to get it from would be appreciated :) i live in the uk so ordering from america etc seems to be unlikely because they dont tend to ship abroad. many thanks :)

p.s i had found this on amazon but i dont know how much difference it would make over my current card http://www.amazon.co.uk/GeForce-Pro...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1276697560&sr=8-1

What is your budget? If you are looking for the best card possible, Sparkle designed a GTS 250 low profile that used to retail about $120. I believe they also had a 9800 GT low profile. They may be kinda hard to find nowadays, especially in Europe, but it's worth a try.

What is your budget? If you are looking for the best card possible, Sparkle designed a GTS 250 low profile that used to retail about $120. I believe they also had a 9800 GT low profile. They may be kinda hard to find nowadays, especially in Europe, but it's worth a try.

Aren't some of the new HD5XXX cards low profile as well?

Back
Top Bottom