need dual layer multi format dvd burner

Wombat ... I guess I was thinking more along the lines of when he creates his movies (which indeed are region free like you said), that if mr. monger is concerned about his newly created dvd's won't play on his relative's player in Romania (which shouldnt be an issue being region free, but who knows), that he might be able to use software to set the region for Romania. Didnt know it mattered about the dvd burner being a multi-regional burner or not. Oh well ... learn something new everyday.

wozelbeak said:
if they are that poor they will probably use them as coasters lol.
woz
meh stfu ok dont be such an ignorant ass not everyone is as rich as you americans or some other countries.

everyone else thanks for the advice

There is NO excuse for the insults flying about in this thread. End this nonsense now.

Now Mr. Monger is it a NTSC/PAL issue? Or is it a region issue?

well i really dont know i just know it needs to work in romania, but wombat says dvd burners are region free so i guess i just have to find a good dual layer one.

Ok I'm still not for sure what it is you want but here's my take on what I "think" you're wanting.
If you are copying store bought movies which is illegal by the way, the reagion code will get copied along with it. What you have here will not play over there.
BUT
If you're making homemade dvd's of tapes and pictures then there is not a region code imposed on the dvd and it will play anywhere.

Now the region code is imposed to keep movies made in a forien country from being sold over here. In xp you have a control that will reset the region code. BUT before you go messing with that better sit there and read this two or three times. THE REGION CODE CAN ONLY BE RESET 4 TIMES MAX THEN IT LOCKS UP. It flashes the firmware every time you change the code. If you reinstall windows or move the burner to another machine it still will NOT work. Don't even think about using that to make those movies for them. It will prove to be an exspencive method.

wozelbeak said:
if they are that poor they will probably use them as coasters lol.
woz
Watch yourself!!, that's deeply offensive, engage brain before speaking, or is that beyond you? he can't help it if he lives in a deprived country, I think you should apologize.

mr.monger said:
meh stfu ok dont be such an ignorant ass not everyone is as rich as you americans or some other countries.

everyone else thanks for the advice
Have a look at my reply to him, incidentally, what is all that in your sig??. PM me, if you'd rather.

Maurice

it's Unicode...

I don't have the time to translate it now... but if you do, http://the-stewardship.org/research/unicode.htm that will help...

At the moment I'm just going to assume it's either
A) rude, which is why it's encoded, or...
B) some kind of buffer overflow script that could have been used to exploit a webserver, the translation will tell us a lot more about it.

Maurice said:
Watch yourself!!, that's deeply offensive, engage brain before speaking, or is that beyond you? he can't help it if he lives in a deprived country, I think you should apologize.

ummm i live in america its just my family lives in romania. really its not all that deprived its just not nearly as rich as some other countries. also the thing about my sig is that it says something in hex and it is not some kind of buffer overflow script nor is it rude

Back
Top Bottom