Need to cool my processor!

nalbonen4

Beta member
Help please! i need a way to cool my processor a lot! it heats up rediculously quickly, to the point where it is freezing before i can log in to make changes to my system. i really would love a way to do this without buying a new one, as i cant really afford it. I did put a better heatsink in from a spare old computer, and all that was left of the the thermal compound was about a pea sized dried up flakey dot. should i reapply this?

ANY help is greatly apreciated

definately reapply the paste, but i dont think you put the HSF on right, when you reapply it make sure you put the HSF on correctly.

My bad, :D I was kind of mad when i was typing it.

Ya man just do what Rudster sad. Dont apply 2 much paste, just a drop. you can google how to do it, depands what CPU u have.

It doesn't take much. Too much can act as an insulator and will do you no good. Usually the size of a rice grain will be fine. Just experiment with what gives you the best results.

Could you spare money for a more powerful fan?

You could try underclocking it to see if it runs any cooler

Help please! i need a way to cool my processor a lot! it heats up rediculously quickly, to the point where it is freezing before i can log in to make changes to my system. i really would love a way to do this without buying a new one, as i cant really afford it. I did put a better heatsink in from a spare old computer, and all that was left of the the thermal compound was about a pea sized dried up flakey dot. should i reapply this?

ANY help is greatly apreciated

Hey If your looking to spend money Coolit systems
Coolit systems builds luquid cooling for cpu/gpu
I used to work for them, i have a 35% OC on a intel core 2 duo e6300 and its sitting at 18 degrees C
Coolit FreeZone

Back
Top Bottom