My system

Sorry Satori but money_mans right, I am planning to upgrade my CPU but not to an FX instead to a Athlon 64 X@ 4400+.

I am a gamer but i'm not looking to go for a Videocard upgrade in the near future.

I do however need some OCing ram to keep up with my FSB. I was thinking of OCZ EL DDR PC-4000 / 500MHz / Gold Series / Voltage eXtreme / Dual Channel

This a good choice?

Thanks

yes very nice choice and not to sound to childish but AHAHAH I WIN! and that case u have mempf is very nice

LMAO, FX-57... silly processor. AMD should have released it as a dual core for 1,500 dollars! The 4400+ slaughters it in performance except in 15% of tests. My OCed 4800+ puts it to shame 100% of the time. It's a good processor, just not worth the MONEY. The 4800+ is a far better investment. Satori, long time no see. Nice to see you around here.

Thanks money_man.

But what about my ram idea? Should I go for some other ram?

Note: I can take FULL advantage of the VX ram as my motherboard can support the voltage.

Thanks

no point having that nice CPU and have junkie ram, if i were you, and since ram is cheaper, i'd buy the ram first then the cpu or both at the same time, and make sure its some of the best OCZ has

well i would, but i wouldnt scrape the 4400+ for too long, you'll want that. do you have enough for the cpu right now? if so get teh cpu first. im just thinking the fastest way for you to start to see improvements in ur performance if ur saving up

Well I don't have enough for either, not even close to enough. I should have enough for the ram by the end of the month.

Back
Top Bottom