Are my specs good for gaming???

so to save money and to increase my specs i should just buy like an x800xl agp and i may be able to run the in game settings on high (maybe even ultra high).

pointgod36 said:
so to save money and to increase my specs i should just buy like an x800xl agp and i may be able to run the in game settings on high (maybe even ultra high).

well if the ultra high you mean is doom 3's then no. even the newest cards have trouple with that setting, but high should be ok. you might have to put some things on medium.

1st what ram do u have? I doubt it's gddr3 since that is used in graphic cards. So it's ddr2?

And for gaming u definately should upgrade the vid card.

"well if the ultra high you mean is doom 3's then no. even the newest cards have trouple with that setting, but high should be ok. you might have to put some things on medium."

What!? :D

I can play doom 3 on high settings (not sure if they were ultra high but I doubt it) with my fx5700. (eye candies off) So I think that the x800xl will do a much better job.

well i play quake 4 on ultra high and at 1280 and i see no hint of lag so i don tsee why an xl should do that much worse, and ya doom 3 still eats up the vid cards.

mammikoura said:
1st what ram do u have? I doubt it's gddr3 since that is used in graphic cards. So it's ddr2?

And for gaming u definately should upgrade the vid card.

"well if the ultra high you mean is doom 3's then no. even the newest cards have trouple with that setting, but high should be ok. you might have to put some things on medium."

I can play doom 3 on high settings (not sure if they were ultra high but I doubt it) with my fx5700. (eye candies off) So I think that the x800xl will do a much better job.

the S478 P4's use the 8xx chipset from Intel, from what i know, only 9xx chipsets support DDR2, im guessing he is using DDR. And to set the settings for Doom3 and Quake 4 to Ultra high, you need a vid card with 512MB of buffer memory.

GDDR3 for your system RAM? What the? I think you either mean DDR or DDR2, because GDDR3 is only for video cards and has never been released for system use (other than video cards).

mammikoura said:

I doupt you were playing it on ultra high, as ownage said you need 512mb memory on your graphic card to be able to play the game on that setting.

Dishdog said:
I doupt you were playing it on ultra high, as ownage said you need 512mb memory on your graphic card to be able to play the game on that setting.

yeah as I said I doubt it too. :D But my memory is so bad that u just can't be sure. :)

But I don't think that u need to have 512mb of memory in ur vid card. It would have been quite stupid to make a game which u can't play on the best settings even with the best parts on the markets. Because if I remember correctly (again my memory ain't too good but still :)) there wasn't any 512mb cards out when doom3 came out. And I though that the 7800GTX is able to play it on ultra high (ofcourse other parts need to be good too) and the 7800GTX only has 256mb.

first of all, how do u have GDDR3 memory? its only used on graphic cards. secondly, u should really get a new mobo. IBM is not a very good mobo maker. u dont need a very good video card. a x700 would do fine... if u wanna play games like counter strike or wc3 it would do goood. but if u wanna play games like doom 3 and half life 2 then a x800xt

abowlofrice said:
first of all, how do u have GDDR3 memory? its only used on graphic cards. secondly, u should really get a new mobo. IBM is not a very good mobo maker. u dont need a very good video card. a x700 would do fine... if u wanna play games like counter strike or wc3 it would do goood. but if u wanna play games like doom 3 and half life 2 then a x800xt

well if he gets a new MOBO then it will go over his budget because he would also have to replace with CPU. What do you mean IBM don't make good MOBO's. i have found the are really good because they have so much codes and beeps for errors. when something breaks down on a IBM MOBO it takes like 5min to figure out what it is.

Back
Top Bottom