My Router is Ruining My Life

Wiredchild

In Runtime
Ok, i'm not joking...my Belkin router is (besides giving me wireless in my room), the pit of my existance.

I ignore the fact that it ruins file sharing over MSN and hack it...However, now i'm faced with an issue, Outlook.

My Dad can use his laptop and work on his connection (no router), and send/recieve emails fine. However, at home with this router, it can recieve emails...but can't send them.

My suspicion is that it has something to do with all these TCP/UDP port things, but, i'm a retard and can't understand which ones to block and unblock and whatnot.

Can, someone give me some advice on which ports to unblock on the router settings or something?

Cheers.

I'm probably wrong but you might be able to fix it by allowing Outlook to have internet access in your firewall...my router is a pain as well; unfortunately i usually cant even get an internet connection. if that doesn't fix it, try calling belkin support

Try and turn of your router firewall see if the problem still exist but if you can get onto the net i suspect it is not your router.outlook can be a swine sometimes make sure it has all the correct pop3 and imap setup for outgoing mail check with your internet provider for the info.i think you will find it is how oulook e-mail account is setup.hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom