My PC is so slow but I don't think the Hadrware needs updating

bigste93

Beta member
My PC is so slow on start-up and while in general use but people have told me that I might not need to update the hardware. And there are somethings that I can do without spending loads on new kit!

Has anyone got any ideas?

Please?
Thanks a bunch!

Kind of hard to know if you need new hardware if you don't share what you have. Also include any extra software you have set to run at startup. What antivirus as well.

My PC is so slow on start-up and while in general use but people have told me that I might not need to update the hardware. And there are somethings that I can do without spending loads on new kit!

Has anyone got any ideas?

Please?
Thanks a bunch!
Depends on how slow your computer is and what programs load them selves...
I generally find this as no big issue as long the computer operation is reasonable.

A Hard disk defrag, cache clean out and deleting old temp file usually improves most computers without spending any thing on them.

MSCONFIG the OS (if Windows) and ditch all those pointless proggies that are probably starting up. xD Painfully common how many people have this problem. Also, go through your services, and ditch the ones you know you don't need. Low RAM is a common cause of slow loading and a tale tell sign is when parts of windows load but others don't until later.

There are heaps of things you can do, within a Windows OS. (can't speak for others, as I only use Windows) There's services, cleaning the registry, defragging, tweaking the pagefile, tweaking cache settings, etc. Since what you're asking has little or nothing to do with hardware: "I want to speed up my OS." is basically what you're saying. Post in the software forum, to ensure you get the right support. Might also help to know whether it's RAM or your CPU that's letting you down, as there are steps that can partly make up for either of these drawbacks.

G'luck.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom